diy solar

diy solar

Full Disclosure

Oh I still have to deal with blacklist but since they only effect emails and not the sites themselves the customer that causes the blacklist issue usually learns fast to avoid it in the future.

I still have the fun job of getting them unbanned but I make sure they realize what they did wrong and if they refuse to do anything about it they find another host or I move their email services to a server I have labeled "The Basement".

You don't want to end up having your emails routed thru the basement. But at least it doesn't effect the ones that behave and the bad actors get to try to do email sending while being on a blacklist.

I still think we need a new mechanism as a standard to handle morons that use the report as spam when they actually ASKED for the emails to be sent to them via subscribing to a thread somewhere.

I have no idea what we need but we need something to handle that.
I agree. I think Will and his mods have gotten a handle on it with multiple methods, but it's a hassle. Maybe disabling accounts after x months inactivity but that's still just a patch and comes with its own set of headaches. Larger companies have more resources and staff to deal with this stuff but when it's a one man show and a few very qualified mods who aren't getting paid it's a challenge.

I agree. I think Will and his mods have gotten a handle on it with multiple methods, but it's a hassle. Maybe disabling accounts after x months inactivity but that's still just a patch and comes with its own set of headaches. Larger companies have more resources and staff to deal with this stuff but when it's a one man show and a few very qualified mods who aren't getting paid it's a challenge.
I run scripts on forum sites I host and remove all thread subscriptions after x time not logged in. Keeps the forum from having to send out emails to threads they subscribed to at one time. Automating this kind of stuff is the only way to stay on top of it all otherwise the site suffers and you end up working at it to much.

My take is that Will cares deeply about being an honest, transparent reviewer and that drives his actions accordingly. It is hard not to take the undeserved criticism seriously when it strikes at something he cares deeply about. Conversely, if he was the type that didn't care about what is said about him... he probably won't be the type that cared deeply about being honest. They are two sides of the same coin.

Yea absolutely, I don't think Will's done anything wrong ,

But fact of the matter is, people on the internet say horrible things , CONSTANTLY , and you've got to be able to detach yourself from it

And thank you to everyone who is supporting me here, I loved all the messages. I try my best to give you guys every single bit of information possible. Everyone thinks that these companies like me, and most hate me! Or they like me at first until one of their products fails on my videos. But that's why I show everything on videos so you can see for yourself. If I do not have proof I will not make an assertion.

If I did make a claim that was false, at any time in the last few years of this channel, I would have been sued into oblivion. Please understand this. Every single word I say has to be correct. And how many times do I have to complain about the customer service? They're making massive changes with a new system so that this does not keep happening. Let's see what happens. Do I think that it will improve? I have no clue. I do not try to draw conclusions unless I have more evidence.
As I was reading through this thread I was planning on making this exact comment.

Anyone who reaches your level of subscribers on YouTube will be scrutinized within an inch of their lives!
The very company being discussed has at least two members of this forum!

You would be very hard pressed to find anyone on the internet with more honest reviews of equipment the Will's.

As regular members of this forum we can make (almost) any statements we want about a company we are dealing with (freedom of speech).
But when YouTube gets complaints from big corporations they pull content down all the time.

Thank you Will Prowse for keeping this site up and running! and AD free!

And Will -- Don't make too much out of what a handful of people are saying -- They just can't stand the fact that someone makes a living off of doing something they can only do as a hobby!;)

That was a rough few weeks. They even shut down the forum for an hour. I did everything right, I was working on the forum and requesting multiple smtp servers to support the forum and all were denied. And when I found one that allowed us to, it was going to cost a few thousand dollars a month. Luckily that is not the case because we made changes to email settings and many members also changed their settings. Now it is manageable.

I also had to do individual requests to be removed from black lists. Usually it was easy but one slipped by and the forum shut down because of it. Not fun.
That was me! I'm special. Sorry....

Hey! Don't be knocking us retirees. I just bought a rack of batteries from you in March!
?

But if you bought from them that is NOT who he is referring to according to his post.

It’s the folks that have no experience with them, retired or not, that take endless potshots that the post was directed at.

Poorly worded but I feel a valid point nonetheless.

But if you bought from them that is NOT who he is referring to according to his post.

It’s the folks that have no experience with them, retired or not, that take endless potshots that the post was directed at.

Poorly worded but I feel a valid point nonetheless.
Good point, but we old guys have to call out these young whippersnappers when they start dissing us. ?

So OP is now the Moderator of this forum.

So OP is now the Moderator of this forum.
"A" moderator, wouldn't say "the" moderator.

"A" moderator, wouldn't say "the" moderator.

"forum's bitch" is more accurate.

Will gave a strong dissenter transparency to see what goes on behind the scenes. IMHO, it's the best way to turn someone with doubts into a true believer.

@jfpetesn is either going to fail, or he will earn his status every day and with every post.

I WOULD ENCOURAGE ANYONE WITH A STRONG RECORD OF BEING (mostly) HELPFUL ON THIS FORUM TO ASK TO BE A MODERATOR.

"forum's bitch" is more accurate.

Will gave a strong dissenter transparency to see what goes on behind the scenes. IMHO, it's the best way to turn someone with doubts into a true believer.

@jfpetesn is either going to fail, or he will earn his status every day and with every post.

I WOULD ENCOURAGE ANYONE WITH A STRONG RECORD OF BEING (mostly) HELPFUL ON THIS FORUM TO ASK TO BE A MODERATOR.
You're not tricking me with that. I know how much work goes into being a moderator. I'd rather make a cash donation once in a while.

:ROFLMAO:

Back