diy solar

diy solar

Fully Tested Open Box / Used Professional-Grade Components

Justin Laureltec

Bay Marine Supply Tech Support Manager
Hi all,
Just wanted to draw attention to my used/open box section on eBay as an alternative to buying knockoff components. Every component listed has been fully bench-tested by me (for credibility reference, I'm the Technical Support Manager for the largest stocking Victron distributor in the western US and the largest stocking Sterling distributor in the continental US) for proper functionality and is available at significant reductions in price; all are professional-grade components with valid manufacturer's warranties still intact (unless specifically stated otherwise). If you're looking for a way to save a few dollars but you don't want to trust your system performance to off-brand components, this is a great place to look (if I do say so myself, which I do).

The following link includes search terms to bring you to our seller page and specifically show only used and open box items, but of course you're welcome to peruse our new equipment as well!

I got generic open box page. With 24000 results
Hmmm I can't replicate that problem; even opening it in an incognito window still brings up the search filtered by search terms "used", "open box", and seller "bay-marine"
Browser difference, maybe?

I get Craig's results because I have the Android eBay app set as default for their links. Forcing a web page load in Brave Browser works ok.

I get Craig's results because I have the Android eBay app set as default for their links. Forcing a web page load in Brave Browser works ok.
Ahhh I didn't consider that, I'm sure a bunch of people have a similar setting. Damn, well that's not a mobile-friendly link then, sorry about that!

Just wanted to draw attention to my used/open box section on eBay as an alternative to buying knockoff components.
Justin, I went to your ebay store listed in your sig. But in your Ebay store I don't see a category for "open box" stuff. Can you add a category for open box?

Thanks.

Justin, I went to your ebay store listed in your sig. But in your Ebay store I don't see a category for "open box" stuff. Can you add a category for open box?

Thanks.
Sorry about that... the original link I posted had the search terms defined, to show only the used and open box items in our store... we tried setting up separate categories for the u/ob stuff a while ago and found that sales dropped off... for some reason things sell better when it's all just one big listing. Here is the link I originally posted, which (should) show you only my open box / used listings... though it does appear that it's largely dependent on browser/etc.
EDIT: Meh, it still shows new stuff, but at least OB/U stuff shows up first. It's not a grand selection right now, we've been moving a lot of it, but there's still some decent devices up.

Back