diy solar

diy solar

Fusing and busbars

That's a baby fiver! Can't imagine doing this in our dinette area. Could barely get the batteries in there, much less the other devices!

We've had 15 previous campers over the years. The smallest was a 16' Scamp and the largest a 33' Jayco, with a number of 23-25' pull types. Five were sold after one trip. Our Escape 5th is quite efficient. We moved our gear from a 23' Lance to this Escape and had room to spare. The camper is used for food storage/preparation (6 cu.ft fridge, high output Dickenson marine stove, large Houzer sink), bathroom, full size queen bed, with the u-shaped dinette converted to a lounging area. Otherwise we're outdoors all the time. We have no need for a TV and don't live inside. Everyone's different!

We tend to go where larger campers dare not to tread. A 21' Escape is only 17' behind our F150. We're either in State/National campgrounds, BLM's or stealth camping. We avoid commercial campgrounds like the plague. Again, everyone's different.

Underneath our u-shaped dinette benches are a 6 gallon AC/LP water heater, WFCO, Progressive EMS, and battery box for our 260 ah SiO2 batteries. We still have room for our Andersen leveler, Andersen Rapid Jack, various chocks, large spare parts box, battery charger, Martin catalytic heater, my tool set, and other various camper related tools/repair items underneath those seats. I said this camper is very efficient with space.

The camper weighs 4,800#'s wet, with 700#'s to spare.

One board against the rear wall in the u-shaped area holds the Victron 100/20 SCC for the 100 watt portable panel, another board opposite the 100/20 against the lower bench support holds the Victron 100/30 SCC for the rooftop panels, the board up against the battery box holds the battery 250 T fuse, dual output Blue Sea battery switch and the Victron 712 shunt. The 1500 watt inverter will go on the wall sharing space with the camper leveling/chock gear. All items will be either separated with blocks on the floor to prevent boxes from coming in contact. or in case of the inverter I'll build a wall.

Unused space was chosen for the needed electrical items.

Enjoy,

Perry

Last edited:
managed to find yet another creative way to release some magic smoke this morning. Evidently connecting one end of a grounding cable to the inverter case and the other to a battery positive terminal is not good. No big sparks, just a small amount of smoke. Still not sure why this would happen ?‍♂️

We tend to go where larger campers dare not to tread. A 21' Escape is only 17' behind our F150. We're either in State/National campgrounds, BLM's or stealth camping. We avoid commercial campgrounds like the plague. Again, everyone's different.
We go an amazing amount of places in our 32 foot-er Class C. There are limits, though. Spent four solid months boondocking this year with no shore hookups.
Underneath our u-shaped dinette benches are a 6 gallon AC/LP water heater, WFCO, Progressive EMS, and battery box for our 260 ah SiO2 batteries. We still have room for our Andersen leveler, Andersen Rapid Jack, various chocks, large spare parts box, battery charger, Martin catalytic heater, my tool set, and other various camper related tools/repair items underneath those seats. I said this camper is very efficient with space.
This sounds like Mary Poppins' bag! Got any pics?

Back