diy solar

diy solar

FYI: Battery overcharging due to PVKeeper V2.0 Glitch?

JLBinTN

I routinely keep both PVKeeper V2.0 and BMS_Test_V1.0 running at the same time. Today I noticed the charged capacity as reported by BMS_Test_V1.0 climb up over the usual 91% cutoff mark all the way to 96% (and continuing to climb) while PVKeeper V2.0 appeared to be "stuck" at 90%. Reported battery voltages were also not in agreement. I exited and restarted the BMS_Test software with no change, so I then exited and restarted PVKeeper V2.0. Upon restart of PVKeeper V2.0 the solar battery charger immediately ceased charging the battery. Both software packages had been up and running continuously for about a week. My system includes a Growatt SPF 3000 TL LVM-48P all-in-one inverter and a LiFePower4 48V 100Ah battery connected to 4200 watts of solar panels.

Anybody else every see this happen? What would have happened had I not been present to see what was happening? I'm in an offgrid situation, and often leave the system unattended, so this is a bit disturbing. Am I worrying over nothing? TIA

PS: The Growatt BMS is directly connected to the LiFePower4 battery via RJ cable. The Growatt is connected to the laptop using the provided USB cable. The battery is connected to the same laptop using the provided modified RJ/USB cable.

Moderator: Perhaps I posted this in the wrong forum. Please delete.

Last edited:
Back