diy solar

diy solar

fyi warning about liitokala varicore flagship store aliexpress..do not buy

Darn, didnt see this thread before. Ordered 8 x 280ah cells. Debating how I should proceed with Liikota.

Problems:

Order cells and they arrived beyond 75 day window.
Upon initial inspection, 4 of the 8 cells have crooked threads.
During precharging noticed that at least one cell was charging much faster than others and after top balancing and capacity test I I found 2 of the 8 cells are a lower capacity. Approximately 238ah.

I am wondering if I should dispute with paypal, credit card or ali express. My window to dispute via ali express is closing soon and based on what I've read in multiple threads ali express can be a crapshoot at times. Thoughts?
Let us know how it goes.

I had less than 2 weeks left and they suddenly extended the delivery time and thus the dispute time with it.

Not sure how that's supposed to work, but I'm annoyed by it.

Did my first capacity test last night, 7 of my 8 cells are in the 220ah range. Recharging for another test, but I immediately opened a dispute. I can choose not to pursue it later, but my dispute window was closing too, and I wanted to get in at the first hint of a problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210827-203416.jpg
    Screenshot_20210827-203416.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210827-200944.jpg
    Screenshot_20210827-200944.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
Typical.

If I get 220ah max out of mine I'll be happy for my specific application however I won't be attempting to increase their life span by short charging it.

We shall see. I'm almost dreading this shipment now despite the cost sunk into it.

Just found this thread.
Yes, BE AWARE OF those brands, especially the unhonest sellers. They put photo of good quality on Aliexpress with QR code, but ship to customers low grade, the one that manufacturer(s) get rid of.
I got Liitoka 280Ah cells, but real capacity of cell is around 229Ah

What discharge rate and device did you use to test ?

If you can find a way to discharge at 280A and measure capacity discharged than I can bet that cutoff voltage is triggered much faster at 1C because of voltage drop at 280A ... right ? so capacity will be a lot lower .... but specs are specs and we must test on specs not lower ...
but i think you can discharge with CC + CV at the end, not sure if all devices can do these 2 on a discharge cycle ...

And another strike for this seller.
Not sure if will has taken them off the list but they should be given our long list of failed tests.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-142517.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-142517.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 19
And another strike for this seller.
Not sure if will has taken them off the list but they should be given our long list of failed tests.

do you have a link from where you buy it and pictures for the battery that supposed to be 280ah and it is just 240ah ? (to avoid getting same garbage cells)

do you have a link from where you buy it and pictures for the battery that supposed to be 280ah and it is just 240ah ? (to avoid getting same garbage cells)
Liitokala as a vendor should be avoided. Period.

This is what I ordered. You will note it states 280ah and "new" cells.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-232502_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-232502_AliExpress.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 8
Liitokala as a vendor should be avoided. Period.

This is what I ordered. You will note it states 280ah and "new" cells.

So they do that because they know 95% of the ones that order can't really test the capacity and they also know that on dipute the claim will be rejected because the device is not a certified capacity test device ....

Dude . STAY AWAY FROM ALI EXPRESS,
Did you not learn the first time ?

Anything other than aliexpress.
Look at recent Amy threads
Can you post the links of some of them because the ones that I've found has Grade B CATL cells received from Amy Zheng .
Please note that small painted QR code is GRADE B or Grade G = Garbage

242774883_240158504789529_3118639498965722771_n.png

Hi guys, living in Europe, outside of Aliexpress I basically have to pay 4000 USD for 16 of these type of Lifepo4 batteries at 280 ah.

From the notorious LiitoKala I can — supposedly — get 16 of them for 800 USD (8,000 SEK). Lol I am sure you understand where I am getting with this.
7591890A-406D-4ECF-B0AA-201F7E0826D2.png

C1F38BDF-5624-40AC-AFD3-C54AD16E4E6B.jpeg

Like how much less worth is a Grade B battery? I would pay 800 USD for 16 pcs of 200 ah batteries if they work and has an OK life expectancy.

But what is like worst case, that they are crap after 4 years? Do they degenerate at an exponential pace? That I — besides worse performance — get all kind of weird problems? A much less stable system?

I am a newbie at this, just trying to understand what I am getting.

Hi guys, living in Europe, outside of Aliexpress I basically have to pay 4000 USD for 16 of these type of Lifepo4 batteries at 280 ah.

From the notorious LiitoKala I can — supposedly — get 16 of them for 800 USD (8,000 SEK). Lol I am sure you understand where I am getting with this.
View attachment 78482

View attachment 78483

Like how much less worth is a Grade B battery? I would pay 800 USD for 16 pcs of 200 ah batteries if they work and has an OK life expectancy.

But what is like worst case, that they are crap after 4 years? Do they degenerate at an exponential pace? That I — besides worse performance — get all kind of weird problems? A much less stable system?

I am a newbie at this, just trying to understand what I am getting.
There is a recommended vendor for the forum which if I ordered again I would order from. You might pay slightly higher than LitaKala for grade B or you can pay a little more for grade A but the time, energy and headache you will save will likely be better

Back