diy solar

diy solar

G.M. Will Sell Only Zero-Emission Vehicles by 2035

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else

General Motors said Thursday that it would phase out petroleum-powered cars and trucks and sell only vehicles that have zero tailpipe emissions by 2035, a seismic shift by one of the world’s largest automakers that makes billions of dollars today from gas-guzzling pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles.

Not sure if the technology for long range and heavy duty pickups will be there, especially at an affordable price point. More power to them if they can pull it off! 2400 mile range (unloaded, loaded 1200) in my heavy duty diesel is hard to beat.

Not sure if the technology for long range and heavy duty pickups will be there, especially at an affordable price point. More power to them if they can pull it off! 2400 mile range (unloaded, loaded 1200) in my heavy duty diesel is hard to beat.
Really, wow, what is the Year, Make & Model and size of fuel tank ?

I love my diesel 3500 and 4500 trucks. This is kind of like Toyota saying they are going to take the HD pick market by storm. Well that has not happened either.

Greg

Zero-emission could mean any number of technologies (e.g., 80% efficient fuel cell vs. a 30% efficient diesel). Heck, by 2035 we could all be talking about the megajoule nano-windup-springs we use to power our cars.

,,,This is kind of like Toyota saying,,
Very true. Any statement for 15 years out shouldn't be taken as fact; I think of it more as the "direction" the engineers are getting.

... I simply cannot imagine how GMC is going to sell commercial trucks able to perform the tasks currently provided by diesel with electric propulsion...
I mean... sure, mining plants use all electric front end loaders but they are hardwired to the grid...

Really, wow, what is the Year, Make & Model and size of fuel tank ?

Not as impressive as dieselgirl but my GMC Canyon with the baby Duramax goes 700 miles on a tank (30 mpg).

Unfortunately my bladder can no longer do 10 hours at 70 mph without a pit stop ☹️

Why I drove my F-350 diesel off the lot the Distance To Empty said 900 miles. I was pretty excited about that. Then reality set in. Unloaded, I'll get 700 miles. The 900 miles was on the entire tank, with no reserve and getting an optimistic 19 MPG. Reality is that I get 43 gallons out of the 48 gallon tank and hope to get 17 MPG.

Towing, I get about 9.5 MPG. Most of my camping trips involve at least one mountain pass pulling an 11k GVWR bumper pull trailer that has the wind resistance profile of a parachute.

Back