diy solar

diy solar

G/N bond and earthgrounding fully off grid system with Bluetti AC500

DMCCP

Hello all,

I have a Bluetti AC 500 and 3 B300s batteries. I am setting up a fully off grid (yes really off grid - AC grid connections) cabin. The system will be charged by 3000w of PV only
I understand that the Bluetti will handle the single ground/neutral bond internally - so no other places will I bond neutral to ground within the system (AC 500 acts as the first mains panel). As we saw Will P do in one of his videos I will be running a 30amp RV cable from the AC500 to a panel next to the AC500 for distribution within the building the AC500 is in and then on to the main cabin where there is another sub panel for the cabin branch circuits. Again I believe I understand the concept behind not bonding the Ground/Neutral at any point in such a set up. But at what point do I need to place a grounding rod (Earth ground) within this system. Should there not be an earth ground somewhere after the inverter that is connected to the equipment grounding bus in the two “sub panels”???
Please help

OK. So. Now it seems that there are videos out there (other than W. Prowse’s) that state that the AC300 for example has a floating neutral and thus needs to have a bonded neutral at some other point. For example in the first service panel or sub panel that it is connected to in a fully off grid system. Anyone else have input on this question of letting the solar generator “handle“ the ground neutral bonding

Can a meter test at the BLUETTI outlet(s) determine if there is a bond? I’ve been reading all the posts on this topic to understand this problem as well. It’s confusing.
My understanding so far is that bond would only be appropriate at the main/first panel and the ground rod as well.
Can anyone outline the reading procedure to determine a floating neutral from the smaller inverters?

Back