diy solar

diy solar

Gas dryer?

Rye

Hello. I was wondering if anyone uses a gas dryer on their off grid system vs an electric dryer? I have looked all over for how many watts a gas dryer uses while running, but can only find "therms"... Does anyone know the running watts? Thank you!

Reply...
No. The btu rating is for heating the dryer. I am looking for the amount of electricity to run the dryer. Thanks though.

Oh I see, I just assumed you meant replace with an entirely electric unit. You'd have to check the specs for the particular unit to see how much the electrical side of it draws. It should state the wattage on the specs sticker and on the manufacturer's web site too. Got any particular one in mind?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone uses a gas dryer on their off grid system vs an electric dryer? I have looked all over for how many watts a gas dryer uses while running, but can only find "therms"... Does anyone know the running watts? Thank you!
1 Therm = 100000 BTU, which is about 30 kWh

Since Therms & BTU's are measures of energy, you need time info to convert Therms to Watts. The gas dryer is probably rated as X Therms/hr.

Editing to add: most gas dryers run off a standard 120V (US) outlet and rated between 200-400 Watts.

My samsung propane dryer pulls about 500 watts for a few seconds when first starting then pulls 200 watts during the cycle.

Back