diy solar

diy solar

Gas-Powered Lawn Equipment Will Soon Be Banned In Cali, a broad category that includes generators.

Bud Martin

Solar Wizard
Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a new law on Saturday that orders state regulators to ban the sale of new gas-powered equipment using small off-road engines, a broad category that includes generators, lawn equipment and pressure washers.

This will likely put more pressure on producers of "solar generators" like the Bluetti AC300, etc. driving prices up and availability down. Might be a good time to start putting together solar backups for your homes in California... This new "rule" goes into effect Jan 1, 2024.

This will likely put more pressure on producers of "solar generators" like the Bluetti AC300, etc. driving prices up and availability down. Might be a good time to start putting together solar backups for your homes in California... This new "rule" goes into effect Jan 1, 2024.
Many municipalities and HOAs already ban gas powered Leaf blowers but enforcement is an issue and will continue to be an issue. I don't see why someone would bother with something like a Bluetti when a portable battery charger could be plugged into a 12 volt auxiliary socket and charge the Leaf blower and other devices while driving from job to job. I would just buy spare batteries for the Leaf blower which would be less expensive than a Bluetti and a lot more efficient.

Many municipalities and HOAs already ban gas powered Leaf blowers but enforcement is an issue and will continue to be an issue. I don't see why someone would bother with something like a Bluetti when a portable battery charger could be plugged into a 12 volt auxiliary socket and charge the Leaf blower and other devices while driving from job to job. I would just buy spare batteries for the Leaf blower which would be less expensive than a Bluetti and a lot more efficient.
I was speaking of replacing gas powered generators used by recreational campers and homeowners as backups. Personally, I don't use leaf blowers while I'm camping.

My guess...there will be major changes to this and likely won't be fully implemented/

Meh,

Maybe he will stop caltrans for wasting the millions of gallons of pretrol they waste?

Or put into plan some sort of burn plan for the forest so we don't use a lot of fossil fuels to continually fight fires?

As for my genset, it'll probably still run after I'm dead.

My leaf blower and lawn mower was already electric, I'd ask what took him so long to do this? It was a no brainer...oh...I'm suprised he ever got around to it.

He was replying to my post that mention his supply of tampons and my thoughts . It was deemed political.

I'll leave it at that so I'm not banned

My guess...there will be major changes to this and likely won't be fully implemented/
Startling laws usually start out abruptly- then they deal behind the scenes with certain effected groups to capitulate to something or put up a bribe or other indirect ‘payment’ and then the law gets watered down a little.
Drastic changes that serve a mindset are primarily legislated to fund corruption imho

I’m uncertain portable power equipment has matured enough for a power level sufficient for non-gasoline equipment to produce at a commercial (contractor, landscaper) level.

But anyways it’s a ban on the sale of new equipment not a ban on the actual equipment yet.
I can see it in 20 years: loggers dragging power cables around for their chainsaws or big bulky battery packs hanging off their electrohusqvarna.

I understand to a point, but the inclusion of gasoline backup generators hit my “suspicious!” nerve.

Last edited:
Wondering how long before an annually-renewable permit will be required to own & operate these kinds of things?
With the obligatory fines and confiscations.
“Citizen, where is your permit for that generator?”

Back