diy solar

diy solar

Generac APS + EcoFLow Smart Home Panel??

dwhipple99

Hi guys, I am rebuilding a home in Florida and I am about to install a 500 Gallon underground propane tank to supply propane for a 22KW Generac with an APS. I like this system because it provides for automatic switch over for my family if I happen to be out of town. However, the thing I don't like about this is that if we had an extended outage, the 500 gallons would probably be used up within a week or so. So I thought I would either build a home-brew solar system or I've looked at a couple EcoFlow Delta Pro's with the Smart Home Panel. So I am wondering can I run these both in Parallel? The Generac APS is a full house APS, so it switches the entire 200 amp mains at once over to Generator power if needed. So if I ran these in Parallel, it seems the EcoFlow would rapidly protect 10 circuits and supply probably 24+ hours of backup power and the Generator would automatically start and switch the entire mains over. So left alone, the Generator would be powering the house. If I felt this was a long term outage, for example from the aftermath of a Hurricane, I could just manually shutdown the Generac and monitor the Ecoflows, as they approached <20%, I could fire up the generator and top them off and be good for another 24 hours. Ideally, this would happen automatically, but I have to figure out how that integration could work. Any thoughts on this? I know EcoFlow has there own generator now, but I want to run propane for several reasons so it would be great if I could integrate the Generac a little more with the EcoFlow. I've just begun to look at the PWRCell from Generac, but my initial guess is this is much more expensive than the solution I just described.. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Back