diy solar

diy solar

General advice on my setup / worth going 24v / solar charger recommendation

AP1

Sorry, I only have basic knowledge on this solar charging stuff but hoping for any advice please :)

Current Equipment:-
5x 110aH lead acid deep cycle batteries.
2x Solar Panels (Each Panel Spec: 250 Rated Max Power, 30.7V Max Power Voltage, 8.14A Max Power Current)
1x 6kW Generator

I used to have all this connected to a MPP Solar ‎PIP-1212HS Solar Charger/Inverter (50a pwm charger, 60a battery charger) but this unit has just started displaying Error 9 "return to manufacturer and its 4 years old so warranty has long gone)
I also have a 12v 1500w (3000w peak) 240v inverter but wondering if this is the time to change the whole system to 24v seeing as my solar charger has just died?

We run various 240v LED lights along with a couple of 240v 30W LED floodlights on PIRs, but most importantly a Kranzle HD 7/122 pressure washer (has a 1600W motor) - OK, the solar/batteries don't cope with this for long when washer is being used so we have an Automatic Transfer Switch which switches the draw for the pressure washer directly from the generator once the voltage of the system gets down a set point.

Any input on my system and recommendations on particular solar chargers which would suit would much appreciated !

Last edited:
Back