diy solar

diy solar

General Sizing Questions

jmh4414

I am looking for General System Sizing Advice
I am looking to build a system for an RV. This would be a ground up system not utiliIizing any existing supply currently in use. I am considering the EG4 6500x with 2 of the EG4 Budget server rack batteries.
My "big rocks" of consumption would be a 9000 btu mini split rated at 280 to 1080 watts, and a residential fridge rated at about 400 kwh per year. I would obviously have the basic "small rocks" of consumption. This would be primarily an off grid for boondocking set up, Full Time. I would like to keep the system in a single phase @ 30 amp system so if I do go to a campground I can still use a pedestal. I would also size a generator for back up thinking 3500 watt pure sine wave. I would like to plug the generator into the shore power for ease of use. I have seen the post(s) regarding generator use and can/will get a 48v separate charger if necessary to use with the generator.
Obviously there is more consideration as to exact consumption numbers and solar array. My question is will the 10kw of battery be sufficient to start or am I out of my mind.
Thank you in advance of considering my inquiry.

Start with a full energy audit:

That will give you a much better idea of how much battery, solar, and inverter you need.

Back