diy solar

diy solar

Generic Jiangsu Solarman 600w Panels $130 on Amazon

I found a datasheet of a panel that looks pretty much identical. Dimensions etc.
Weight: 30.9 Kg or 68.12 Lbs
Not something you want to handle alone ;-)

Attachments

• 210 MONO 12BB HALF-CELL 120CELLS 580-610W.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 5
Well note that the Acopower panels(both 100w & 200w) have the same thing, seller's in other countries and in both cases folks got their panels(and working according to Rob). The panels came from California shipped by FEDEX but the seller's address were in China(have a lookie). But you are very right to be pessimistic, once the order has shipped I will reply-back.
The Acopower panels were shipped Fedex from southern California.

Just received a message through amazon:

There is a little problem with your order. Actually i see that in my USA warehouse no more 600w solar panels.
I Have only 550w in stock. There is two options:
1) I can deliver 600w solar panels from outside the US. That will takes around 30 days.
2) You can receive 550w solar panels in one week.
Best Regards,
AMI TRADING

Both are still pretty good options if they aren't just delaying / bs'ing to keep your money longer.

I have to wonder what their end game is with selling these panels so cheap. Is it China secretly just wanting to help America out? Surely even they can't manufacture and distribute solar panels this cheaply?

Both are still pretty good options if they aren't just delaying / bs'ing to keep your money longer.

I have to wonder what their end game is with selling these panels so cheap. Is it China secretly just wanting to help America out? Surely even they can't manufacture and distribute solar panels this cheaply?
Attempting to destroy US made competition.

I believe these sellers more likely found a way around or are ignoring the anti-dumping tarriff/duties on solar panels from China.
Or these are rejects.
Probably the tarriff thing.

I'd go with the quicker option, what's 50 watts between friends?

I thought the Biden gang put some tariff exclusion in for solar panels. Maybe I'm thinkong of something else.

I thought the Biden gang put some tariff exclusion in for solar panels. Maybe I'm thinkong of something else.
I don't think think anyone could move that quick. It hasn't gone through the house yet.
I don't know if there's anything about Chinese panels in there.

I believe these sellers more likely found a way around or are ignoring the anti-dumping tarriff/duties on solar panels from China.
Or these are rejects.
Probably the tarriff thing.

I'd go with the quicker option, what's 50 watts between friends?
I also got that email last night, not sure yet what to make of it. My confidence in this deal has been shaken but let's see if they get something shipped in the next few days. If they are saying 1 week they would have to get that out-the-door to logistics fairly soon...

The potentially good news is that the item is updated 'currently unavailable' so I'm not sure they are just trying to batch-up orders and run with the money. If Amazon flagged this as a scam then I think our orders would be cancelled, so I think we wait for that shipping label and keep our fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
Attempting to destroy US made competition.

If they kick our butt on solar panels and end up dominating the world completely, we can't say it isn't our own fault. There are people here in the US that actually dislike solar panels.. dislike them? They are awesome for so many reasons.

I'm sure some will find fault with the article source, it was just the first article that came up when I searched for who invented solar panels on google. Looks like it was our ball to fumble.

If they kick our butt on solar panels and end up dominating the world completely, we can't say it isn't our own fault. There are people here in the US that actually dislike solar panels.. dislike them? They are awesome for so many reasons.

I'm sure some will find fault with the article source, it was just the first article that came up when I searched for who invented solar panels on google. Looks like it was our ball to fumble.
Yes, we have a cultural problem here in the US. It is a culture of sociopathy, winning means everything, louder, faster, etc...
Do you really think NASCAR wants electric cars to succeed?
Do you really think you local power-station wants solar to succeed?
Do your local politicians, whom legally take-bribes and pay-themselves want solar to succeed?

I can go on-and-on, my advice to everyone and anyone who will listen is to turn-off your stupid television and know that we are being driven into a ditch...

Just in

We're writing to inform you that your order fromAMI TRADING has been canceled because the seller is unable to ship your order to the shipping address provided. Please resubmit your order with a different address. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. In most cases, you pay for items when we ship them to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled.*

In matters of current US and China trade war, in 2018 the Trump Administration put 30% tax on imported solar cells and panels, which is to decline annually and reach 15% in 2021. As of 2019, the tariff is 25%. Nonetheless, Trump administration exempted two-sided panels from tariffs.

&

June 6 2022 - President Joe Biden waived tariffs on solar panels from four Southeast Asian nations for two years and invoked the Defense Production Act to spur solar panel manufacturing at home

Another followup
Got a personal reply from the seller as well:

I want to apologize for not being able to deliver the item.
1)
So the amazon reason for cancellation is because they can not deliver at my address
I made a big mistake by giving the wrong price and product specification.
2)
Ahh not about not being able to deliver to this address, not able to deliver _at all_
This morning I got a choice between having the 550 watt delivered in a week or wait month for 600 watt panels.
That changed quickly!

3)
Now it was a mistake for wrong price/product specification ?
That was not know during the earlier email the seller sent announcing the delay/smaller specs?
Your money will be returned. I will put up a new ad that will be correct. You can order again. If you order at least 10 panels, then one will be free, for my mistake. Sorry for wasting time! If it's not difficult for you, then leave a review, preferably a good one. I am a new seller and this is very important to me. Thanks
Sincerely, AMI TRADING
Leave positive feedback....
Hmm let me think about that...

I would love to leave them shit-feedback, but I don't see a way to leave-feedback in the my orders section...
If during the first email today they would have admitted to making a price/spec mistake and would have cancelled I would have said "okay"
But giving us 2 options and 6 hours not fulfill either choice and cancel is not okay imo.
That is deceit with intend.
I will try and leave negative feedback as well.

Back