diy solar

diy solar

Get your information from experts, experience members here or trusted individuals, NOT YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Beginners/New Members.... please don't believe everything you see on Youtube, do your research, ask questions here, talk with a professional or at least an experienced DIY'er.. Do NOT assume that everything you see on Youtube is correct, the coach and life you save may be your own...

This self described Victron/Battleborn training video creator made a simple mistake on his explanation about Victron MPPT numbering, I corrected him in my usual "I'm so sick of these Youtubers giving bad advice yet making big bucks from clicks doing it" negative tone... rather than recognise his mistake, let alone thank me or even just ignore me.. he chose to get into Urinary Olympics (a p***ing match) with me about how he's correct and I'm just a troll. It takes a real man to admit his mistakes, it takes a real Youtube Warrior to get into a debate about such an obvious error... Victron/Battleborn, you endorse this guy? He seems to think you approve of his incorrect statement.

I then went on to provide him a link to the Victron page PROVING I'm correct and his guidance is not valid... I pasted the link and the text as shown below... he deleted the comment. He'd rather have his viewers think he's correct and put them at risk, than be shown to have made a mistake.... a real good advocate for you Battleborn, he makes your training videos does he?

In our MPPT model names, for example MPPT 75/50, the first number is the maximum PV open circuit voltage. The second number, 50, is the maximum charge current.

Be careful who you take advice from people, and if anyone from Battleborn or Victron is reading this forum, you may want to have a little chat about him stating you approve of his incorrect guidance and his willingness to go down in a spiraling ball of flames, the entire time screaming he works for you and you agree...

Jen

1628538966016.png

1628538998678.png

I see your point.

I have been looking at ordering one of those charge controllers myself, and I found the specifications to be a little tricky because they're not as simple as that victron quote implies.
For example, the BlueSolar MPPT 150/45 can handle maximum open circuit voltage of 150V from the array, and max PV short circuit current of 50A.
But the Blue Solar MPPT 150/70 has the exact same input ratings. In other words, the "70" in the name refers to the output/charging current only.

Great post! I just thought everyone should be able to grep that info themseleves, irrespective of moneygrubbing youtube wannabees. But leave it to Jennifer to overstate the obvious and force them into submission! :D (y) At least she's not a forum spelling nazi.

Back