diy solar

diy solar

Ghost loads

Dennis 1

I heard Will mention that he did a video that went more in depth about "ghost loads" does anyone know which video he did about these?
I would be interested to hear more about these and how to prevent them.

As soon as I calibrated to ZERO, my BVM 712, all my "Ghosts" went away.

Ghost loads do not ever go away. You can train your BVM and BMS to ignore them. But they still drain the battery.

Ghost loads do not ever go away. You can train your BVM and BMS to ignore them. But they still drain the battery.
or calibrate it correctly and you will prove you dan't have any. I had none. I had accidentally hit CALIBRATE and didn't realize it. I was seeing 2.8 amps vs 0..... Just a point to ponder. If I was Victron, I would make that option a two button requirement to an,.. ARE YOU SURE....?

I figured it out when I simply pulled fuses to all the legs and 2.8 amps were still there.....

Every modern electronic device has ghost loads. Radio, inverter when on, BMS, battery monitor, solar CC, and so much more.

Hello. I have a ghost load of 0.15 KVA showing on my Must Power PV1800 4800 HM. This is with the house main circuit breaker off. I am pretty sure it was actually draining battery. Could someone please indicate things I might check o test?

Back