diy solar

diy solar

Giandel 4000/8000 24v inverter does not spport 4 wire output AC connection

Nica McNeil

My Giandel 4000/8000 24v inverter does not support 4 wire output AC connection like my circuit breaker panel box. How can I connect them if the inverter AC only has 3 post (hot, neutral and ground). But the AC circuit breaker panel box needs four wires (red hot, black hot, white neutral, and green ground)?

For your panel box, you would need two inverters, or an autotransformer that outputs split phase.

Does the 3 wire mean its 110 volt while the 4 wire indicate 220v...please forgive my ignorance. I'm here to learn and I truly appreciate your patience with me.

My Giandel 4000/8000 24v inverter does not support 4 wire output AC connection like my circuit breaker panel box. How can I connect them if the inverter AC only has 3 post (hot, neutral and ground). But the AC circuit breaker panel box needs four wires (red hot, black hot, white neutral, and green ground)?

Does the 3 wire mean its 110 volt while the 4 wire indicate 220v...please forgive my ignorance. I'm here to learn and I truly appreciate your patience with me.
Yes. And if you didn't already know this you really should not be inside the breaker box. You can seriously hurt yourself in there.

Thank you for such kind concern for my safety. Will the voltage be increased to 220 for split phase for 4 wire with an auto transformer? If so, will the current from the inverter drop to half since the voltage is doubled?

Do you have 240v loads you wish to power with the inverter?

No 240 loads, but my breaker box is 240 for the 4 wire 50amp connection cord at RV Campsites.

No 220/240 loads but the breaker box is 4 wire to accommodate the 4 wire 50amp cord at RV campsites.

The GIANDEL 4000W inverter only output 120V , for safety ,you'd better ask a technical for help

No 220/240 loads but the breaker box is 4 wire to accommodate the 4 wire 50amp cord at RV campsites.
I’m sorry I didn’t respond sooner. I hope you have this figured out now.

YouTube David Poz has videos on using an auto transformer for powering a split phase panel with a single phase inverter.

Back