diy solar

diy solar

Giandel Inverter remote control

Yes. That is the way the giandel inverter remotes work. This is the schematic of the remote.

View attachment 43067
LED1 is the 'Power LED' and LED 2 is the 'Fault LED'.

So my remote died. Or actually the membrane switch to be precise.

So essentially any momentary between C2 and C3 would do the trick I guess.

not al Giandle remotes are the same
It looks like the faceplate you posted.
So with the two LEDs I’m thinking there’s just the two wires left and no wizard circuits. I have a 20-pak of miniature momentary buttons somewhere.

Thanks for the heads-up - and the diagram.

I have a similar question, and Google brought me here :)

In my case, I only want the inverter to stop when the battery drops below a certain voltage (controlled by a Victron BMV712) - I don't need it to automatically turn back on in any circumstances.

Given that single requirement, it occurred to me that a simpler solution might exist: putting a Normally Closed relay on one of the wires - perhaps the right most one in the circuit shown in post #5 (I assume this is the common ground). One way to test whether this might work: with the remote plugged in and the inverter on, if the remote is unplugged does the inverter turn off? If so, this approach might work. Has anyone tried that?

thanks

Yes. That is the way the giandel inverter remotes work. This is the schematic of the remote.

View attachment 43067
LED1 is the 'Power LED' and LED 2 is the 'Fault LED'.

This is slightly different than the remote that goes with the circuit in the SBMS0 Beginners manual so some very minor changes to the design might be necessary.
I kind of hate to dredge up something that is 2 years old, but this is the only schematic I have ever seen for this remote.

I am building my own replacement remote and have a workable cable with a momentary switch at this point. I am curious if those LEDs need any type of resistors before I purchase more parts. Thanks!

The Giandle remote I looked at did not have resistors. Beware: other folks have reported slightly different designs on Giandle remotes.

The Giandle remote I looked at did not have resistors. Beware: other folks have reported slightly different designs on Giandle remotes.
Thanks. I am 99% sure this is the remote I had. (I threw it out thinking I would never need it, now a replacement is 30$, lol) I already got the right cable and the on/off works as you describe. Your info is much appreciated!

Back