diy solar

diy solar

Give me your apocalypse dream build...must be pickup truck portable and built for the long haul-price not relevant.

was thinking of a 12 or 24 volt system that could support a chest freezer, recharge tool batteries etc., provide for the basics. Im an idiot but was looking for the best component suggestions for a capable system.

Bunch of commercial 48V lithium batteries with generator and solar chargers to keep them charged, and appropriate inverters to power whatever loads. Everything with 3 way redundancy.

I say commercial lithium as if under zombie attack you do not want to be worried about the quality of the system.

was thinking of a 12 or 24 volt system that could support a chest freezer, recharge tool batteries etc., provide for the basics. Im an idiot but was looking for the best component suggestions for a capable system.
Do we have to carry the chest freezer and tools in the truck too?

redundancy...what about having 2 or 3 quality inverter/charger...i was looking at the victron 24 volt ul rated/building a lipo4 from 8 of the fortune 3.2 cells...

Self-contained RV or solar trailer would be my choice. So, when the zombies get close I can get moving quickly.

Self-contained RV or solar trailer would be my choice. So, when the zombies get close I can get moving quickly.
Please watch entire MadMax series first;). Moving target is still a target
No mention of lead hurling devices - probably need more of them.

in my e-250 i have 400AH of 12 volt lifepo4,400 watts solar panels on roof,235 amp alternator,renogy DC-DC converter/solar cc.2000 watt triplite industrial grade inverter,small fridge,30 gallon air compressor.32 inch LED TV.Diesel heater.
and a bed.
works great.

I'll just wait for Toyota to start selling solar cars.
They've been talking about it for a couple of years now.
Much easier to just buy one off-the-shelf, especially if it's from a big, reliable company like T.

"apocalypse dream build"​

"must be pickup truck portable"​

...... two phrases that should never be used together, kind of like..... "All you can eat" and "Sushi" ?

Right now my dream build is adding 1200 Ah battery to my small 5th wheel trailer. And yes my pick-up will pull it :)

Back