diy solar

diy solar

Goal Zero 1250 worth it?

Archetype-IS

It is worth to buy the old-new stock Goal Zero 1250 for $600 still using SLA battery? Heavy too. It could also connect an external battery to it to extend the usage.

Or when the internal is dead, one could get the Lifepo4 type battery as a drop in? or the cost is around the same as the used/refurnished GZ Lithium 1000 version.

Thoughts?

I prefer the GZ 1250 and convert to LiFePO4. You can see my conversion and the reasons behind it here:

Thanks great job. I just re-read your old/newly posts. Excellent. You also answered the charging inputs and voltage. So with the max of 240w panels, are you able to charge the Safari UT battery in 5 hours? Thanks.

Thanks great job. I just re-read your old/newly posts. Excellent. You also answered the charging inputs and voltage. So with the max of 240w panels, are you able to charge the Safari UT battery in 5 hours? Thanks.
I believe @Will Prowse could easily do that in his magical sun zone. But where I live I use the chaining port to jack in more charging power if I need to. I've got a couple other MPPTs available to augment the built-in.

Back