diy solar

diy solar

Goal Zero - lack of laptop port on bigger units.

Daedalus

Anyone know why we lost the useful laptop port seen on Sherpa 50/100 ? it never made it onto any other GZ kit of the same era (150/400/1250). I get a 12v to laptop voltage convertor would work via green port, just curious if anyone knew?
I use my sherpa 50 for this reason even though i have a 12v DC-DC convertor for the larger 400 i have.
Seems on yeti 150 there is a space right of the LCD with no PCB mount components blocking a retrofit. Yet to investigate on my 400.
considering buying a dying sherpa 50 to cannibalise port to add to my yeti 400. (yes im aware Sherpa 50 is Li-ion and Yeti 400 is SLA

USB-C is the new laptop-port. Or a 12 Volt car adapter for older laptops. They are flexible solutions to power a laptop, the 19 volt port is outdated.

There are no

Thanks for the confirmation Ely. I did suspect as much. Was considering a USB-C port somewhere on my 400 just liked the look of the laptop port in terms of usefulness and having all the Sherpa connections to reuse

I have some 150 and one 400. For USB-C I use a car adapter to "upgrade" these old units and it runs fine. Otherwise I have some Jackery (without USB-C) and Yeti X (with USB-C). All provide a 12 volt socket.

Back