diy solar

diy solar

Goal Zero Panel Plug

NinjaDeathMonk

I've come into possession of a Goal Zero Boulder 100 Panel. These have an 8mm barrel plug on their cables. Are these proprietary? I know other "solar generators" use the same socket but can't find anything that adapt the panel to a more common connector. Will I have to buy a Goal Zero extension to make an adapter or is there a generic barrel socket I can buy? Thanks.

Since these panels are $250-350 for 100W, I would rather keep it intact.

I don't know what you mean by keeping "it" intact. The panel will be intact. You make a jumper with plug to mate with the Goal Zero 8mm style and put an MC4 on the other end. Then you can jumper the panel to anything by using your home made jumper or not. You don't touch the panel.

I thought all the jackery and similar solar toaster ovens and their panels were using 8mm these days. I'd love to get a bunch of panel mount females and male pigtails or screw terminals where 2.1x5.5 won't cut it.

So if I'm right about that, shouldn't there be a supplier? I've wasted many nights googling to no avail, unless they're known more commonly by another name

Back