diy solar

diy solar

Goal Zero Yeti 1250 Fried Board

SDmatt

Hi! Long time lurker but first time poster. I have a GZ Yeti 1250 that I wanted to do the LifePo4 upgrade to. I thought the battery was dead as it would not power up. After pulling it apart it seems that the circuit board has been fried. Has anyone had any luck replacing one of these? I called GZ but they no longer manufacture parts and basically said the whole unit is trash. I'd like to be able to replace/repair the board and do the lithium upgrade if possible. I have reached out to a couple electronics shops in town (San Diego) but no luck. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_9767.jpg
    IMG_9767.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9770.jpg
    IMG_9770.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9772.jpg
    IMG_9772.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9773.jpg
    IMG_9773.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9774.jpg
    IMG_9774.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9775.jpg
    IMG_9775.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 23
The only way is to buy a used 1250 to get some parts. So you can get a whole set of spare parts to keep running the 1250.

Yea, I was afraid somebody was going to say that. Just wasn't sure if there was an option to reprint/remanufacture a board.

Reverse engineering to produce a new circuit board is very complex. It‘s easier to buy a used 1250.

Thanks for the great pictures. I have an ebay search for these broken. It reminded me that these are cute, but a throwaway item. I hope it didn't kill the batteries at least. These are just 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag. High density surface mount boards are usually not repairable, at least not worth the effort. Even minor issues will end up destroying the board. You can't even find people to repair even decent electronics. I'm removing my all in one search.

Spinning this a different way. If you end up getting another 1250 you can have a yeti tank with benefits as you can chain them. That said it depends what board the magic smoke came from. I looked at this with my questionable 400 and chained another so I have double bubble on inputs and outputs (except bad inverter on one)

Back