diy solar

diy solar

Gonna order BMS. Need advice.

hackenstein

Hi!
I have ordered 16 pieces of 3.2v 280ah Lifepo4 cells.
What I need now is two 8s BMS 24v each. I´m stuck here. Im right now looking at Daly Bms 100A. What do you have or suggest?
Just to be sure I will add batterywatch if something would happen to the BMS. And I can set my Epever to stop charge at a level so I wont destroy the batteries.

Low temperature protection is important for the BMSs as I live in Sweden.

Regards

Last edited:
Delivery to Europe in several days if you select fast delivery option,

The Epever settings. Only the settings below relate to charging, all other values are for the load terminals

boost volts 28.0 (27.6)
Float volts 26.8 (26.7)
Boost duration zero
Boost reconnect 26.6 (26.4)
Equalisation same as boost volts
Duration zero

(settings in brackets are even more conservative)

Mike

I use that BMS as well and also have 2, 24v batteries in parallel, a BMS for each one. Spend the money for the phone app so you can change the BMS settings. On the EPever, you can dial down the boost voltage a little and hold it longer to keep that one cell from running away and going past 3.65v. There is always one or two cells that will get ahead of the others. I think my target voltage is 3.50v per cell with a boost that holds for about 5 hours.

As I will put two 24v system parallel. And each bms can handle 100A. I guess the whole battery pack can use 200A in the end? 100 from each 24v battery. Am I wrong? 200A from whole system and 24v is enough.

As I will put two 24v system parallel. And each bms can handle 100A. I guess the whole battery pack can use 200A in the end? 100 from each 24v battery. Am I wrong? 200A from whole system and 24v is enough.
Enough for a 3Kw system, yes. If you need more than that your BMS's are getting to their raggedy edges.

Sorry for jumping but I'm in a similar situation with 8S (50Ah 1C) 24V.

Just purchased 8 x Lifepo4 and 40A 100v imput MPPT charger. Will be running 24V from two 380W panels in series with (not yet purchased) 2000-3000W inverter.

Does anyone have suggestions for a suitable BMS for this setup?

Any of the following 100A?

JBD Smart
Daly Smart
Solarlock
Heltec Smart

@hackenstein What did you end up buying?

Back