diy solar

diy solar

Good affordable 2000w pure sine wave inverter THAT DOESN'T BEEP?

Markilowatt

Weird request, couldn't find any help online. I have a battery box by my desk with a Sok lithium battery and an inverter. I'm upgrading to a pure sine wave, but the biggest issue I have with my current Kieger inverter is the obscenely obnoxious beep that occurs when you run the battery too low. I know most people use lead acid and wouldn't regularly run their battery that low, and it's obnoxious to get your attention for something that could damage the battery. But I have lithium, and maybe it would extend the life not to run it so low but I'm not that concerned. Sometimes I fall asleep with the TV on or whatever, only to wake up to the most rude alarm possible. If I'm at my desk and the inverter shuts off it'll shut my monitors off and I know to turn the generator on to juice up. If I don't notice the inverter died that's even better because I'm not using power.

Even on the nicer AIM/Renogy 2000w inverters the manuals talk about a buzzer when it gets to a low voltage, no mentions of being able to turn it off. I could probably pull the alarm out of a unit right? I would really prefer not to but it maybe just be a couple screws and a little computer fan type connector. Any advice?

I have got a suggestion from VOLTWORKS inverter, for your reference only.

Remove the bottom plate of the inverter and do not take out PCB, because it is difficult to install the PCB well by ourselves.We will see a black buzzer on the PCB, the alarm is caused by this buzzer. You find a piece of adhesive tape to stick the black buzzer, and you can hardly hear it.

If you need more details, you can ask VOLTWORKS inverter servicer for help.They are very nice.

Attachments

• inverter buzzer.jpg
    inverter buzzer.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 2
I have got a suggestion from VOLTWORKS inverter, for your reference only.

Remove the bottom plate of the inverter and do not take out PCB, because it is difficult to install the PCB well by ourselves.We will see a black buzzer on the PCB, the alarm is caused by this buzzer. You find a piece of adhesive tape to stick the black buzzer, and you can hardly hear it.

If you need more details, you can ask VOLTWORKS inverter servicer for help.They are very nice.

Interesting! Looks like the buzzers on these things are going to be made right into the board though, that sucks. Still concerned it'll be too loud, my house is dead silent at night.

Filling the center hole with caulk is another method to quiet (but not totally silence) those buzzers, and is a little more effective than tape.

You can also cut a resistance, there will be ZERO alarm. but depending on the model, you have to contact the manufacturer for more details.

You can also cut a resistance, there will be ZERO alarm. but depending on the model, you have to contact the manufacturer for more details.

Hmm, will try that if it comes to it. Anyone know what the buzzer looks like in the GoWISE 1500/2000w? And what about the Giandels? I'm willing to spend a little more for something if it doesn't have a buzzer or the ability to turn it off in favor of an app or something. 1500 will suffice because I'm using an 1100-watt unit now without issues.

I do not know GOWISE or Giandel,maybe you can contact with their service. The above photo is for VOLTWORKS 1500W pure sine wave inverter, you can cover its buzzer ,or cut its resistance .

I got the Renogy 3000w one because there was a good sale going on. Has anyone who knows about circuit boards opened this unit up? I'd really like some help, maybe I'll make another post with pictures when I actually have it opened.

Back