diy solar

diy solar

Good Crimper Recommendations for 4/0 to 10AWG?

Santa

Can anyone recommend a good quality tool to crimp 10 AWG to 4/0 (ought)? I plan to do other people's installations after I get mine down pat.

The FTZ Correct-Crimp will do 8AWG to 4/0... the bench-mount version is what I use here to make cables. Can't recommend it highly enough. Be advised that you can likely get better prices from other sellers, tho... FTZ sells these things a lot cheaper to companies moving a lot of them than they do to us, who only sell a few a year... so look around for your pricing, but I highly recommend this above all others I've ever used.

The FTZ Correct-Crimp will do 8AWG to 4/0... the bench-mount version is what I use here to make cables. Can't recommend it highly enough. Be advised that you can likely get better prices from other sellers, tho... FTZ sells these things a lot cheaper to companies moving a lot of them than they do to us, who only sell a few a year... so look around for your pricing, but I highly recommend this above all others I've ever used.
Nice.
I use a hydraulic cable press... the anvils on the cheaper ones are generic, and a tad annoying, but dont require much room or strength to operate.

Back