diy solar

diy solar

Good Eve 280ah Cells from Alibaba

mtnman1

I'm always hesitant to recommend vendors, but I've purchased from a seller on Alibaba several times and had good results every time.

The fellow I've worked with is Jerry Yan and he is with Oumeida New Energy (shenzhen) Co., Ltd. (Not sure how to post an actual link)

I purchased some cells from him several years ago and he was honest and provided the cells exactly as described. I reached out to him again earlier in the year and again a second time and the cells he provided are exactly what I ordered. They are Eve 6000 cycle 280ah cells and the total cost for 16 cells with shipping and tax was just about $2K U.S. I think $105/cell and shipping and tax. If you're looking for a reasonable price (lower than any I've found in the US) and don't mind waiting for the shipping from China, Jerry seems to be a pretty trustworthy dude. I'm sure there are other options and possibly even cheaper, but I can at least say that he's sent me multiple shipments over a period of years and always been reliable

I'm always hesitant to recommend vendors, but I've purchased from a seller on Alibaba several times and had good results every time.

The fellow I've worked with is Jerry Yan and he is with Oumeida New Energy (shenzhen) Co., Ltd. (Not sure how to post an actual link)

I purchased some cells from him several years ago and he was honest and provided the cells exactly as described. I reached out to him again earlier in the year and again a second time and the cells he provided are exactly what I ordered. They are Eve 6000 cycle 280ah cells and the total cost for 16 cells with shipping and tax was just about $2K U.S. I think $105/cell and shipping and tax. If you're looking for a reasonable price (lower than any I've found in the US) and don't mind waiting for the shipping from China, Jerry seems to be a pretty trustworthy dude. I'm sure there are other options and possibly even cheaper, but I can at least say that he's sent me multiple shipments over a period of years and always been reliable
So 2k for 16 cells , that enough to make a 280 AH 48 volt battery. how much for a case ? then add in a BMS , display, etc .. I bought a 48 volt server rack battery ( 100 AH ) with 16 eve cells , BMS and case for right at 1500$ . Im thinking unless you just want a DYI project for a few hundred more you can have 2 x 100 AH 48-volt rack battery .. kind of a toss up
if you count the 3000$ for 2 - BMS cost I don't know ...

about $165 for a BMS from overkill ready to go. You would have to get 3 server rack batteries to get closer to a comparable capacity. The server rack batteries are simple and have some nice features. It all just depends on how you want to spend your money. I can do 2 DIY 48v batteries for around $4400 with BMS and have about 27KWh of capacity. Same from server racks is gonna take about 5 server racks at $1500 apiece. so $7500 and less capacity than the DIY. Still a lot of value in DIY vs Server Rack

Last edited:
about $165 for a BMS from overkill ready to go. You would have to get 3 server rack batteries to get closer to a comparable capacity. The server rack batteries are simple and have some nice features. It all just depends on how you want to spend your money. I can do 2 DIY 48v batteries for around $4400 with BMS and have about 27KWh of capacity. Same from server racks is gonna take about 5 server racks at $1500 apiece. so $7500 and less capacity than the DIY. Still a lot of value in DIY vs Server Rack
Yes you are right..... I might have to look that way..

I was briefly interested when I saw a unit price of $99 for 280Ah Eve cells, then the Alibaba website wants to add $352 in shipping to an order of 4 cells, basically doubling the price.

No thanks! I’ll have to find a vendor with EU stock. Would prefer Lishen 272Ah cells anyhow.

Back