diy solar

diy solar

Good review on supplier.

Just got done testing another 12v battery pack from @Amy Zheng using the catl280ah. capacity tested at 286. Thanks again amy for your honesty and providing a good battery located in the US at a fair price.

Attachments

• 20211005_200153.jpg
    20211005_200153.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 9
I'm stuck in NYC on my new sailboat for a week or so waiting for a weather window to head south. My work computer is a power hog and wreaking havoc on my AGM bank so I figured now was a good time to order some cells. Reached out to Amy last night via whatsapp and inquired about 304ah cells, they were out for a couple months so I opted for 8 EVE 280ah cells she had in stock. After explaining my situation and being in a time crunch leaving probably Monday she said she would get them shipped out to me today (thank you Amy!). I have to work with stuff I can have delivered quickly from Amazon as I won't be staying anywhere too long but, in the end I'll be putting an electrodacus in the boat, but I'll get everything charged and capacity test each cell and report back with what I expect to be great results!

Christian

First cell capacity test complete. Just over 282 AH (actual is slightly higher than picture as I depleted 0.3 or so while playing around with settings initially). Could probably squeeze a few more AH out of it but don't see any reason to overdo it, already past the expected capacity.

Top balanced to 3.65v and tested down to 2.65v (at terminal). It was a little confusing as the tester display has a disparity of close to 1v so I kept my eye on the terminal voltage once it got down lower and let it go until the terminal read 2.65v.

Going to take a while to test all of these cells and I'll be away for a while but wanted to share the initial good result and give further recommendation to @Amy Zheng and Docan technology. I'll post a final update once all cells are tested.

Thank you Amy!

1633618269227.jpeg

Hi Amy, long time no see. :)
Anyhow, concerning the BMS. I have never heard of any complaints from Steve's at OVERKILL.
Not that I keep checking. But of all the BMS makers. His is the only one without complaints that I have seen.

Looking forward to you being more successful in your adventures and starting anew in the USA. :)

Hi Amy, long time no see. :)
Anyhow, concerning the BMS. I have never heard of any complaints from Steve's at OVERKILL.
Not that I keep checking. But of all the BMS makers. His is the only one without complaints that I have seen.

Looking forward to you being more successful in your adventures and starting anew in the USA. :)
Overkill uses Jiabiada (JBD) BMS's, they aren't actually made by Overkill. You can get them elsewhere for cheaper, but the advantage with OK is that Steve tests them all out before shipping, keeps them in the U.S, and offers a warranty.

I have 5 different JBD units (not from ok), and all of them work flawlessly. Two are even the EXACT same unit OK sells.

Overkill uses Jiabiada (JBD) BMS's, they aren't actually made by Overkill. You can get them elsewhere for cheaper, but the advantage with OK is that Steve tests them all out before shipping, keeps them in the U.S, and offers a warranty.

I have 5 different JBD units (not from ok), and all of them work flawlessly. Two are even the EXACT same unit OK sells.
Wow, I did not know that. I thought Steve made them himself. Thanks for the info. :)

Thank you all.

We decide to arrange few quantities of JDB 150A and 200A BMS to Houston warehouse to have the 1st try. If many customers want to buy JBD BMS and ship togther with our batttery cells that will be good choice.

Thanks again
Amy Zheng
Amy,
Any idea when you will have these in stock in Houston?
Thanks
Rob

Received my 280 AH cells yesterday and the last package today, all cells are sitting right on 3.30 volts each and appear to be brand new with the barcodes intact. Nice job Amy and thank you, I am considering duplicating that order in the near future.

Received my 280 AH cells yesterday and the last package today, all cells are sitting right on 3.30 volts each and appear to be brand new with the barcodes intact. Nice job Amy and thank you, I am considering duplicating that order in the near future.
Loving mine, (16s at the top) little 300ah addition is great, thanks @Amy Zheng now @ 1002 ah of 51.2v, joe.
1634681417883.png

1634681468590.png
1634681533056.png1634681605716.png

I noticed on the Gyll modules you parallel them at a busbar rather than daisy chain them. Have you found that works better than daisy chaining?
Each gyll is already 48v, no need to series them. If your talking about going from Gyll to Gyll, they are supposed to each go to Bus Bar like in the rack they sell and yes the Soc remains constant this way, Joe.

Each gyll is already 48v, no need to series them. If your talking about going from Gyll to Gyll, they are supposed to each go to Bus Bar like in the rack they sell and yes the Soc remains constant this way, Joe.
Ok thanks. I have seen them paralleled both ways, but i thought all the power in a daisy chain pulled through the master was not as efficient, but the manufacturer's seems to build them like that. I think I like your way better.

I picked up from the Houston warehouse last week 8 EVE 280aH cells and brought them back to Tampa. All in great shape and all about. 3.3vdc each. I am currently topping them off and balancing them for my project to replace my AGM batteries in my RV.

Amy was great to deal with and the pickup was great. Since I was in the area, I saved the shipping.

I recommend them.

I received all cells packaged well, 2 boxes of 3 and one box of 2, plenty of foam and very well protected. I top balanced all at 3.65 and proceeded to capacity test all 8. The tester would cutoff at 2.5 which would actually measure around 2.7 on my multimeter so it did have some additional capacity but all had tested between 284ah and 286ah so I didn't see any reason to push it. I did notice however that I received 6 LF280N cells and 2 LF280 cells with different QR codes which has me slightly concerned, if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated...it seems to me I would want a bank built of all the same revision cells. @Amy Zheng has this been something you have experienced previously (mixed cell revisions in shipments)? Thanks! Christian20211027_124903.jpg20211027_124912.jpg

Hi Amy
Will you also be selling JBD 8S 24 volt BMS's as well sometime in the future?
Thank you. :)
EDIT for clarification

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to add that I bought 32 of the EVE 280Ah cells from Jenny. Was extremely responsive and helpful on the entire transaction. They shipped super fast.

Great experience after two failed purchase attempts (1 on eBay and 1 on AliExpress) that I had to file disputes through my CC, PayPal and AliExpress... Glad that is over.

Last edited:
Just another satisfied customer here. I bought 32 of the 304 ah Eve cells a month or so ago. Great communications and they handled my special shipping request without issue. Cells arrived perfectly packaged and in great shape. They're up and running now, in two banks of 16 cells. I'm impressed that all the cells are staying within 3-4 milivolts of each other during operation, truly Class A cells in my book. Trying to figure out if I can afford more when they're available again. Sure nice to find a reliable vendor with all the bad actors out there at the moment.

Back