diy solar

diy solar

GoodWe GW5048D-ES - Parallel Schematic

jaldwt0

Hello all,

I don't know if this was already shared.... (I've searched in the forum but without success).

I'm sharing to all a schematic from Goodwe where is possible to make two GW5048D-ES/GW3648D-ES in parallel but with independent backup-up lines.

Parallel_GW_Schematic.jpg
I hope that this helps some of us, sorry for my english.

Regards.

Attachments

• Connection-2-hybrid-inverters.pdf
    101.4 KB · Views: 154
Welcome to the forum. Interesting design with two smart meters in series for the export current limiting.

GoodWe solar academy has another related design for 3 to 10 units in parallel using the SEC 1000 current transformer + smart meter instead of an individual smart meter per inverter. It is available here: GoodWe Parallel Connection Solution with SEC1000

What I haven't been able to find is if the backup loads can be put in parallel.

Hello HateGrid.

This is a single phase setup, the one in the document that you present is a 3 phase.

Regarding the backup-loads they can't be putted in parallel, that was the answer from a goodwe reseller. They said to, that it can be used with more than two inverters.

Regards.

Regarding the backup-loads they can't be putted in parallel, that was the answer from a goodwe reseller.
That is unfortunate. I have the GW5048D-ES on my backup list of inverters since it is pre-approved from my power company. My preference is a Deye/Sunsynk unit, but I have to get the approval documentation submitted.

The SEC1000 example mainly shows how multiple inverters can be connected to the same smart meter. The Smart Meter is available in 3-phase (GM3000) and 1-phase (GM1000) and outputs RS485 using the Modbus protocol. What I do not understand is why two of them are needed in your single-phase example and they aren't in the SEC1000 examples. Here is a better diagram showing multiple inverters on a single phase in a 3-phase setup.

1612480035905.png

The SEC1000 itself has a single smart meter that appears to feed into the EZlogger Pro. I guess the Ezlogger Pro could be taking the smart meter RS-485 and splitting it to send to the other inverters.

1612480490295.png

For what i understand it's a different situation.
I didn't bought yet my inverter but i will try to get one GW5048D-ES in the next months.
I'm not very concerned with the batteries and the backup line at this moment, but I agree, the back-up in parallel would be great!

If anyone get more info about this, please leave here a feedback.
Thank you.

I want to do the same with 2 ES inverters and talking to Goodwe once I get a satisfactory reply will let you know.
By the way mine is for split phase not single 230V if that makes a difference.

I want to do the same with 2 ES inverters and talking to Goodwe once I get a satisfactory reply will let you know.
By the way mine is for split phase not single 230V if that makes a difference.
They have a different series for split phase that includes an extra box on the bottom with the smart meter and you have the capability to go up to 9.6 KW with the GW9600A-ES unit.

@HateGrid Thanks, I see its high voltage battery.
Since i want to build my own battery I really don't feel comfortable going higher then the 50 volts.
Will try to sort it out with the LV battery.

Yes, makes sense. I have to stay under 60V here in New Zealand to avoid having it classified as high risk and requiring certification insections. Are you looking at doing two ES inverters for each leg of the 120V or using a transformer?

Yes, makes sense. I have to stay under 60V here in New Zealand to avoid having it classified as high risk and requiring certification insections. Are you looking at doing two ES inverters for each leg of the 120V or using a transformer?
Don't know for sure yet,
it suppose to connect to my split phase with L and N and for the back up I need a transformer for my 120V loads

@XO4001 - did Goodwe ever give you a good answer for this?
No not really they said that it was possible with 3 phase inverters not with single phase and they did not elaborate on the drawing with the 2 energy meters in series.
So I thanked them and looking now at Deye 5 KW wat is not a problem to put them in parallel even the back up you can put in parallel.

OK. It probably doesn't have any frequency matching on the emergency output, so they cannot be put in parallel. A bit of a shame since it is probably just an inexpensive sensor that they didn't put in.

Let me know how the Deye inverter goes. I'm putting in an application with the power provider for the 8KW model at the moment.

OK. It probably doesn't have any frequency matching on the emergency output, so they cannot be put in parallel. A bit of a shame since it is probably just an inexpensive sensor that they didn't put in.

Let me know how the Deye inverter goes. I'm putting in an application with the power provider for the 8KW model at the moment.
Will let you know but it will be a long time.

Hello Batmax, i was planning to have this setup, but im delaying it.

But at this point i don't know if it will be the best option. I'm saying this because i need power, (we will have a heatpump to heat and cooldown the house) and this option forces me to have two battery banks instead one.

Hello Batmax, i was planning to have this setup, but im delaying it.

But at this point i don't know if it will be the best option. I'm saying this because i need power, (we will have a heatpump to heat and cooldown the house) and this option forces me to have two battery banks instead one.
but do you know i f can be done like these without any problem ?

but do you know i f can be done like these without any problem ?
Yes, these scheme was provided from Goodwee. I can give you the support contact and you can ask whatever you need. I guess you are from the same country as me. "Certo?" ;)

Back