diy solar

diy solar

Got my 8 LF280K cells from QSO - leaking?

Malmen

Got my 8 cells from Amy Peng at QSO yesterday and did a first inspection. Cells were "New Grade A" and shipped from a warehouse in Poland. Very fast shipping (4 days) and I got them well packed in thick foam and no visible shipping damage. Transaction and contact with seller went smooth. Cells look new and undamaged but a closer look revealed some leaking from the pressure valves on 5 of the 8 cells. One of them even had an opening in the blue cover as if it had a blow out. Have a look at the video and say what you think. Is this cell dangerous to use? Should I try putting them up side down and see if I get more out of it? The "puddle" below the blue cover is hard and not liquid. The worst cell is the last in the video from 1:00. Cells were also swollen but according to others on the forum that recently received LF280k that is the new normal(?) I did a quick video showing that also. Please have a look and say what you think about these cells. Should I proceed with a capacity test and start using them or ask for a replacement of at least the "worst" cell?

What did you pay?

What did they test for capacity? If they are under 260ah I’d be concerned.

From the videos I don’t see anything of concern if you paid for ESS grade cells, looks like that’s what you received.

Energy storage system, yeah.

So I’d test the capacity of the cells and see if you’re happy with the results.

If I get 95% of rated capacity I'm totally fine with that. My concern is safety and service life. The cells obviously was abused at some time, either with heat during storage or overcharge that made them swell and "leak" through the pressure valve. The one that leaked most is my main concern. I will top balance them and test them. Maybe I get more surprises.

The "Leaking video" just looks like some moisture/condensate entered through those pinholes.

I will do a capacity test as soon as I get my ECB-A20 tester. How should I compress these cells that is somewhat swollen? I will just put pressure on the bulging part if I use something rigid as isolator between cells. Rubber mat maybe helps even out the pressure? Or some kind of foam?

Got my 8 cells from Amy Peng at QSO yesterday and did a first inspection. Cells were "New Grade A" and shipped from a warehouse in Poland. Very fast shipping (4 days) and I got them well packed in thick foam and no visible shipping damage. Transaction and contact with seller went smooth. Cells look new and undamaged but a closer look revealed some leaking from the pressure valves on 5 of the 8 cells. One of them even had an opening in the blue cover as if it had a blow out. Have a look at the video and say what you think. Is this cell dangerous to use? Should I try putting them up side down and see if I get more out of it? The "puddle" below the blue cover is hard and not liquid. The worst cell is the last in the video from 1:00. Cells were also swollen but according to others on the forum that recently received LF280k that is the new normal(?) I did a quick video showing that also. Please have a look and say what you think about these cells. Should I proceed with a capacity test and start using them or ask for a replacement of at least the "worst" cell?

They are ok, all of mine with holes usually have some crap that gets in, this all started when eve started putting a dumbass hole in the middle. Never had this happen with my LF280N cells or even the LF280DK (pre-280N) cells.

Back