diy solar

diy solar

Got my cells from aliexpress today.

augiedoggy

Back in november (6th) I ordered 16 "90ah" cells from Global power co on aliexpress. I knew I was taking a risk but the feedback from others was mostly positive and they are a "top brand" seller.

anyway the cells arrived today 2 days before the deliver by deadline. the barcode shows them as 85.9ah CATL cells. they are not bloated. each cell measured at 3.20- 3.21 v I dont really have the means to measure capacity till I get them wired up to a bms but right now, even if they do deliver 80ah in my golf cart, ill be very happy. These cost me $623 shipped with the 11.11 sale

Last edited:
Got them packed into the box snug with flexible cutting board between each layer of cells and neoprene type foam on the bottom and along one side. I used 3/16 floor underlayment on the other two sides to provide some compression for the cells inside the enclosure.

Attachments

• 20230112_214004[1].jpg
    20230112_214004[1].jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 18
Wow, great price for 16 102-105ah cells - $626.45 USD and free shipping. Too bad it changes to $1000 shipping when I select Canada, otherwise, based on your review, I would have been very tempted to purchase them!

They are actually rated as 275 wh cells (86ah) Im only 10 minutes away from the Ontario boarder too... likely its a tarriff thing or some shipping restriction in Canada.

I should emphasise I havent done a capacity test on these yet. I have them trickle top balancing now till my bms arrives next week. out of the 70+ reviews on these from buyers only 2 were negative and one of those 2 was a shipping mishap where the buyer claims only half of the cells arrived. another was from someone who stated they only got 70ah from a capacity test.

are any swollen or look used what amp hour does the code say?
As I mentioned in the first post , No swollen or bloated cells and the barcode says 275wh which equates to 86ah.
I dont know if these are genuine bars codes or not. They do not "look used" but they have had 6mm postes welded to the top and could have been rewrapped honestly. The seller claims they are new for what little that means.

Ive been top balancing them since yesterday but as this rate it will likely take a week or so while I wait for the BMS to arrive.

If you look through the reviews you will find many repeat customers placing multiple orders for more cells...

Last edited:
Ok I asked because the top left cell looked like it had more space and then cell's were not lined up. But could have just been that way you set them in box.

Ok I asked because the top left cell looked like it had more space and then cell's were not lined up. But could have just been that way you set them in box.
yes the first pic was loosly set in there to see if I they would fit. The black sticker cover on a few including that cell also isnt cut the same.

almost fully charged..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120-225414_xiaoxiang[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20230120-225414_xiaoxiang[1].jpg
    256 KB · Views: 31
So it isnt pretty but its together.. just have to wire the power switch for the active balancer so I can turn it on from time to time if needed. the initial 22a charger I ordered never came so I had temporarily used my mppt solar boost controller from my solar powered golf cart to charge the batteries till the 20a charger arrived.. it got the job done. I do have a cell that might be a runner but its really too early to tell as I havent cycled the battery yet but cell #14 does charge slightly faster than the rest..

I used the tin plated flexible braided copper busbars with noalox which I hope helps fight off poor connections/oxidation all together im likely around $900 invested without the charger.

Attachments

• 20230130_072229[1].jpg
    20230130_072229[1].jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230130_072217[1].jpg
    20230130_072217[1].jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Keep that active balancer on and just forget about it. I know some people say OHH it will cause imbalance, never had an issue on my 8s batts and it was fine for almost 2 yrs.

Did this work? I have the questions if they actually provide the current for the golf car, especially over time. "3C" as stated on the website seem to be way of an overstatement.

Back