diy solar

diy solar

Got myself confused on this

Mike8061

I have a 25kva 3 phase generator. I am thinking of connecting it in double delta to have 240 split phase.

I also have two victron multiplus ii 3000 inverters hooked up for split phase.

Since the 120v is coming of one winding of the 2 used to make 240v I'm not sure if both 120 legs are matched. If so wouldn't my inverters reject the second phase because it wasn't opposite the 1st?

In my head it's acting like a voltage divider rather than a center tap transformer but not sure I have that right.

I have a 25kva 3 phase generator. I am thinking of connecting it in double delta to have 240 split phase.

I also have two victron multiplus ii 3000 inverters hooked up for split phase.

Since the 120v is coming of one winding of the 2 used to make 240v I'm not sure if both 120 legs are matched. If so wouldn't my inverters reject the second phase because it wasn't opposite the 1st?

In my head it's acting like a voltage divider rather than a center tap transformer but not sure I have that right.

Generally speaking, I'm not qualified to interpret/comment on your proposal; however, I recently encountered a similar issue on the Victron community forum. Default split phase configuration usually enables "Switch as group" in the VE.Bus System Configurator. The requires input phase to be matched to output, i.e., if the inverters are configured for 180° split phase, then the input must be the same or both will reject the incoming AC.

Unchecking "switch as group" will allow the L1 inverter to qualify any 120V/60Hz input independent of what the L2 unit sees on its input. The L2 will reject any input not 180° out of phase with L1, but at least you'll have AC in on L1.

Not sure that it matters, but you can configure split phase to be 120, 180 or 240° out.

Back