diy solar

diy solar

Got to vent...

upnorthandpersonal

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just venting here, ignore.

So, I just got permanently banned from /r/solar on Reddit for posting my build details for the under 10K Euro system I'm building.
This is the sub post in question: All I link to is my blog entry with the description of the components, where to get them, and their costs.

It just annoys the hell out of me since I'm being accused of "Your post or comment has been removed due to a spam / self-promotion / lead generation rule violation."

Sigh... The discussion in the comments was great.

I'm a mod in /r/solar for one of my alt accounts, it's a problem with a over aggressive mod. It's sad the fine tooth control this guy puts out. Yup just checked you found...XXundeziner hahahah

XXundeziner
muted user 7 minutes ago

your scoffing at automod.....

Last edited:
your scoffing at automod

Yeah, I wrote "Sigh... auto-moderator removed my reply."
The original message was
"The price on my blog is including shipping. Separated, the cells were €2348 and shipping (including taxes, DDP) was 867€. Not bad considering the weight..."

Just putting it out here just in case, that way everyone can judge.

Welcome to the club! I just got permanently banned from there last week too. I had posted in a comment a link to a YouTube video I had made that answered the poster's question. When I questioned the moderators, I got muted so I wasn't allowed to talk to them any more. My guess is they have a new moderator who's a bit more aggressive than their others.

Very sad when useful posts with helpful information get fantastic members, who are very constructive and helpful, banned for life. Ultimately it dooms those forums. Well, thankfully you guys are here and I'm sure I'm not the only that appreciates you both.

Very sad when useful posts with helpful information get fantastic members, who are very constructive and helpful, banned for life. Ultimately it dooms those forums. Well, thankfully you guys are here and I'm sure I'm not the only that appreciates you both.
Thank you. As you know, I try to follow the rules and stay on the right side of the line between helping and promoting. I may slip to the dark side now and then, but my intentions are good. I enjoy this forum tremendously, for some bizarre reason it is relaxing for me. My name is Amy, and I'm a Solarholic.

My name is Amy, and I'm a Solarholic.

I LOL'd hard and finished with a wheeze. I then grew very solemn when I realized that there is no path to sobriety here.

It is likely relaxing because it's like wallowing in a big comfy couch of your own addiction with no judgement. :)

Thank you. As you know, I try to follow the rules and stay on the right side of the line between helping and promoting. I may slip to the dark side now and then, but my intentions are good. I enjoy this forum tremendously, for some bizarre reason it is relaxing for me. My name is Amy, and I'm a Solarholic.

This evening, I was just awarded "Addicted" trophy. I am not amused. :(

Back