diy solar

diy solar

Gov surplus

Majkhands

Good morning all.
In keeping with low cost alternatives I happened on a lot of electrical panels and parts.
The item of interest today is:
General Electric 65L812TQ2 17.5 kVAR Enclosed Indoor NEMA12 Dustproof and Outdoor NEMA 3 Weatherproof 240 Volt 60 Hz Pow...
As an Electrically Challenged, I was wondering if I could wire this into my 2000 watt system containing a 4kw inverter?
My battery back up at the moment is limited and old.
My hope is I can add the capacitor to start larger loads like a refrigerator or two.
My system is single phase 7 - 270w 24v panels to a main disconnect. Then the 24v breaker system. The 12/24 40a converter splits to a charge contrler managing the 12v battery bank of three 12v batteries wired in parallel. The inverter is wired to the 12v battery bank directly, then to a 110v breaker panel.
The other side of the 12v split goes to a 12v 12 bay fuse holder.
I realize the inverter can pull over 100 amps and the converter is rated at 40a. I assume I need to keep the loads down until I upgrade to 4000+ watts in the very near future. I have all the components I need time to wire a duplicate system
This is a mashed together attempt at Wills 2-4kw system. I need a few fuses in the system that I have not purchased yet.
All in all is there a way to add the capacitors? My plan was between the 12v battery bank and the inverter.
This is a rough wired first attempt at real power.

Last edited:
Back