diy solar

diy solar

Great Power GSP34135214F 100Ah LiPO (Will's "Lithium Battery Mystery" video)

PerfectInsanity

Off-Grid Bus Conversion
Wrapping up Conversion, then Westward Bound
New here and in the ordering process for a solar system powering an RV/bus conversion. Batteries are going to be 48V and ~400Ah (depending on battery choice). Has anyone ordered from Great Power off Alibaba? I think I found the batteries Will covered in this video, and they're crazy cheap. I'm on the verge of ordering, but wanted to see if anyone chased these down to the same store and what experience they've had ordering through Alibaba from China. They even have some packaged/finished 48V units that are cheap. The seller was responsive to an email I sent last night, though didn't cover quite all the questions I asked.

Store link:
https://greatpower.en.alibaba.com/p...y.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.98.6.44ec751aOUTiAa

Will's video: Lithium Battery Mystery: This 100Ah LiFePO4 Energy Density is Off the Charts

I started with LG Chem pouch cells, but found an issue with them after receiving them, so going to return them and looking for the next best option factoring in weight/space/cost. Calb's are just too bulky (and expensive at this point). I'll use 1/2" rubber in/under the base of however I structure/frame the batteries to address vibration issues. They're going to be isolated in the cargo bay area with larger computer fans, 1 intake / 1 exhaust, through the wall for ventilation.

Thanks!

I didn't end up ordering from Great Power, as I did not have a great experience trying to communicate with their sales/service people. Lapses in responses, and not the detail I hoped for.

However, I did end up going through Alibaba and ordered Xuba 280ah cells via Amy (sales/support contact). Amy was amazing to work with, and I even ended up adding custom 16S boxes to the order which she's having a supplier they use make. Lots of helpful back and forth with her. Couldn't be happier.

Cells and cases arrived this week. Just unboxing and testing some of them now.

Back