diy solar

diy solar

Greetings and Questions

PerpetualBlackout

Hi all. Greetings from Florida!

Total noob at building electrical systems, but Will's videos and this forum have helped so much.

I recently ordered 4x 12V 206Ah batteries from SOK. Very excited.

My intention is to take the 4 batteries I've ordered and wire them in series parallel. Basically making them 2-24V batteries of 206Ah then in parallel for 412Ah total. The Inverter/Charger would be a Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM. My intention is to run a mini split and several electronics off this system.

I've reached out to SOK to see if they have a spec sheet to determine charge current, charge voltage, etc. but thought I would reach out here as well to see if anyone may have that information since I only seem to be able to find info on their 12V batteries.

I'm planning on using 2 gauge wire and a 150A fuse on the main positive terminal. Do you think this is adequate?

Also, should the batteries be charged to full capacity before putting them in series or can they just be put in parallel configuration to balance the voltages?

Many thanks in advance!

3000 ac watts / .85 conversion factor / 24 volts low cutoff = 147.058823529 dc amps
147.058823529 dc amps / .8 fuse headroom = 183.823529412 fuse amps.

2 awg pure copper with 105C insulation is the minimum for this application
As the calculations above show 150 amps not enough fuse.

I've reached out to SOK to see if they have a spec sheet to determine charge current, charge voltage, etc. but thought I would reach out here as well to see if anyone may have that information since I only seem to be able to find info on their 12V batteries.
For the 2 series x 2 parallel arrangement, the charge and discharge current would be 2x what is specified for the 12V battery and the Voltages would also be 2x what is specified for the 12V battery.

Back