diy solar

diy solar

Greetings from Nicaragua Central America

I’ve seen the brand “must” here and there posted on the internet, but not sure of how it’s rated or viewed

Yes, I've talked with them all over the years. Nicamisol responds to Facebook Messenger. Great people. The company is in Managua.

I contacted the place that sells Must to see if they sell the same model renamed as FuelZero, a sturdy inexpensive low frequency inverter, but they only have the one shown in the ads.

My 10kw 48v battery and Growatt 3000w LVM-es arrives from Miami in a week or two. I'll let you know how much for Nica delivery.

Yes, I've talked with them all over the years. Nicamisol responds to Facebook Messenger. Great people. The company is in Managua.

I contacted the place that sells Must to see if they sell the same model renamed as FuelZero, a sturdy inexpensive low frequency inverter, but they only have the one shown in the ads.

My 10kw 48v battery and Growatt 3000w LVM-es arrives from Miami in a week or two. I'll let you know how much for Nica delivery.
Not sure if it's an old thread, but will try to ask you if you received your system from U.S. and if it was more worth shipping system you mentioned here to Nicaragua (paying customs?) rather than going with Nicamisol equal KW system?

Yes, it's old. Unfortunately nothing has changed. The cousin of a friend here ships containers of goods but I had no idea it would take this long. The good thing is the battery cost $1800 to Miami, about half what a prebuilt one costs elsewhere and all cells matched and tested at more than the advertised capacity from Amy of Shenzhen Luyuan. Delivered in Miami 01 April.

The battery and inverter are now in Managua and getting delivered to my house soon. I'm not sure if it was worth the wait but I should have a complete system for less than $6000. 3200w of panels, 3000w inverter and 10kw/48v of battery. Miami to my house was $300 all inclusive. I wouldn't have a clue how to do all that myself. The one time I got an estimate was for basically a whole house UPS. 1/4 of what I will have for twice the price.

Last edited:
Yes, it's old. Unfortunately nothing has changed. The cousin of a friend here ships containers of goods but I had no idea it would take this long. The good thing is the battery cost $1800 to Miami, about half what a prebuilt one costs elsewhere and all cells matched and tested at more than the advertised capacity from Amy of Shenzhen Luyuan. Delivered in Miami 01 April.

The battery and inverter are now in Managua and getting delivered to my house soon. I'm not sure if it was worth the wait but I should have a complete system for less than $6000. 3200w of panels, 3000w inverter and 10kw/48v of battery. Miami to my house was $300 all inclusive. I wouldn't have a clue how to do all that myself. The one time I got an estimate was for basically a whole house UPS. 1/4 of what I will have for twice the price.
Hi Thanks for your reply! $300 including customs? would you mind me giving brands you purchased and place from where in U.S. I'm slowly planning solar system for our future project in Ometepe and looking for options.:)

Last edited:
I’m all installed. 6kw grid tied inverter. 10 530 watt panels. Will add 2 more panels soon to have 12. 2 lifepo4 batteries.

Been installed for 1 week. Only switched back to grid once when the batteries didn’t get over 53% charge.

Attachments

• 0359EEF9-EC35-4D70-BF94-B3CA732F0874.jpeg
    0359EEF9-EC35-4D70-BF94-B3CA732F0874.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 0AA21AB1-4DD8-40DD-8315-423A277F946D.jpeg
    0AA21AB1-4DD8-40DD-8315-423A277F946D.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 1
Back