diy solar

diy solar

Greetings from Puerto Rico

Privateeer

Hi There, new to the DIY solar world. Been running a Solaredge installed system for a year now which I am not completely happy with. My system uses 2 LG Chem RESU10h batteries and the primary charges whenever it feels like it, the inverter sends out production to the grid and forgets to charge the batteries, the batteries go to sleep whenever the want and last but not least the batteries like to send power to the grid as well (don't mind the revenue as I don't have a net metering
agreement signed yet and its been a year).
sol.png
Tried contacting SolarEdge because I figure this has to be all about programming of the inverter itself and I wanted installer access to MY inverter (you know just to look around), their answer, talk to your installer, his answer everything is good.
Anyway, to what I wanted to ask the pros here, just bought 16kw(estimated) worth of BMW EV batteries to try to add a little more power to my system but by adding a second inverter. Here is what I have in mind (originally 8KW turned into 16KW) sorry about the crude drawings
solar system.png
and here is the secondary inverter plan
BMW Growatt.png
any input will be appreciated...Thanks

I think if you put "SolarEdge" and "BMW EV batteries" in your title you will more likely get the attention of folks who know about these specifically.

Hi There, new to the DIY solar world. Been running a Solaredge installed system for a year now which I am not completely happy with. My system uses 2 LG Chem RESU10h batteries and the primary charges whenever it feels like it, the inverter sends out production to the grid and forgets to charge the batteries, the batteries go to sleep whenever the want and last but not least the batteries like to send power to the grid as well (don't mind the revenue as I don't have a net metering
agreement signed yet and its been a year).
View attachment 19169
Tried contacting SolarEdge because I figure this has to be all about programming of the inverter itself and I wanted installer access to MY inverter (you know just to look around), their answer, talk to your installer, his answer everything is good.
Anyway, to what I wanted to ask the pros here, just bought 16kw(estimated) worth of BMW EV batteries to try to add a little more power to my system but by adding a second inverter. Here is what I have in mind (originally 8KW turned into 16KW) sorry about the crude drawings
View attachment 19170
and here is the secondary inverter plan
View attachment 19171
any input will be appreciated...Thanks
Do you live in Puerto Rico?

Back