diy solar

diy solar

Greetings from rural NSW Australia

JaseM

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd introduce myself.

As someone who has worked in corporate for a long time, I have been wanting a simpler life for a few years now. Whilst Tasmania was my preferred destination, due to COVID, I decided to take the plunge and buy a 100 acre farm in rural NSW in June this year.

The property has a small off-grid system on it (400w in panel, 2kw inverter and 12v 440mah batteries), as we plan to live here full time, I want to upgrade. Have received some quotes, but the companies don't seem overly keen to do the job, so here we are. I'm going to do it myself, I am quite comfortable with 12v, but am thinking of setting up a 48v system. Maybe 5kw in panels and inverter and 10 to 15kw in batteries (not sure on agm, gel, flooded or lithium yet)

Always happy for advice and recommendations on where to source products and what may work better than others. Just watched a YT video on a split phase system and that has me curious as well. hahahaha.

Anyway, looking forward to many hours of reading and hopefully participating on this forum.

Cheers,
Jase

I appreciate the prompt reply Sunshine! I'll definitely had a look at those links.

Welcome to the show.
Resources section has a couple years of reading that will keep you on the edge of your seat. HA!
Love to see photos of your new hobby farm (y)

Back