diy solar

diy solar

Grid Tie Inverter with CT Clamp Limiter Options?

bedpan

Hey Folks.. Been reading forums and websites and watching a pile of Youtube videos for the last week or so.. Long term I am looking at installing a 18kW Net Metering system to zero out my bill. I am getting some quotes on this, but if I can work through the redtape I may well do the install myself. I am kind of waiting to see if the Canadian 0% financing offer comes in.

In the mean time I am building some batteries and looking a building a small system (upwards of 2kW to start) to learn with...

I have been looking at the 1kW and 2kW Grid Tied Inverters from aliexpress/ebay/amazon (Grid Tied - Split Phase). One of the issues is the lack of information on the CT Clamps, modifying them to split phase and working correctly with split phase and high inductive loads. I have posted a couple questions in other threads but anyone have any feedback on this? I see some people say put them in series, others in parallel, others add a resistor or pot. I would love to hear from soneone who has them running and what their experience is with them

Further anyone have suggestions on other Grid Tied Inverters with limiter CT Clamp Limiter Function. Preferable out of the box split phase? I see some expensive options like the Sol-Ark which looks amazing but out of my reach for simple tinkering.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Folks.. Been reading forums and websites and watching a pile of Youtube videos for the last week or so.. Long term I am looking at installing a 18kW Net Metering system to zero out my bill. I am getting some quotes on this, but if I can work through the redtape I may well do the install myself. I am kind of waiting to see if the Canadian 0% financing offer comes in.

In the mean time I am building some batteries and looking a building a small system (upwards of 2kW to start) to learn with...

I have been looking at the 1kW and 2kW Grid Tied Inverters from aliexpress/ebay/amazon (Grid Tied - Split Phase). One of the issues is the lack of information on the CT Clamps, modifying them to split phase and working correctly with split phase and high inductive loads. I have posted a couple questions in other threads but anyone have any feedback on this? I see some people say put them in series, others in parallel, others add a resistor or pot. I would love to hear from soneone who has them running and what their experience is with them

Further anyone have suggestions on other Grid Tied Inverters with limiter CT Clamp Limiter Function. Preferable out of the box split phase? I see some expensive options like the Sol-Ark which looks amazing but out of my reach for simple tinkering.

Thanks in advance!

Try these sensors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210915-204325_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915-204325_eBay.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 28
Thanks Rick,

I have seen these. Price is a little crazy for the $30 in parts. Making them is pretty easy, just a matter of how to do it.

On the fence if I am going to order the inverters up now anyways. I am leaning towards putting in a larger system sooner rather then later. Just deciding if I bite the bullet or wait a bit to see if we get better rebate options. Just waiting on a quote or two to decide.

If I don't get the larger system I will likely grab a couple of the GTIL Inverters (Not sure 120 or 240) and a handful of panels. Once thats running maybe make a battery to feed it. I am learning and reading lots.

Interested to see what Grid tie inverters there are with current limiting sensor, especially what is available in Australia. Sifting through the loads of available inverters, it's quite hard to find ones that have the net zero export limiter ability.

Back