diy solar

diy solar

Grid Tie Solar Panel DC Breaker Box

Blue Grouse

Ok, I brought this subject up before BUT, probably didn't quite explain myself nor fully understand the responses.

Before the PV wiring goes to the Inverter, I'd like to first connect the wiring to a DC Breaker Box. We will have 36 Panels, broken down into 4 arrays (9 panels wired in series per array). I could just go directly to the Inverter but wanted an opportunity simple shut off a breaker(s) without climbing on the roof and disconnecting mp4 connectors. The Inverter has 4 inputs so, this would not be a combiner box.

The specs for each panel consist of this:
400 watt
Max Power voltage - 40.70 v
Max Power current - 9.83 amps
Open Circuit voltage - 49.58 voc

Sooo....I'm more than happy to purchase a commercially made DC Breaker Box. Any recommendations? Also, would 15 amp breakers be adequate?
Thank you

OR...am what I'm looking for is a "Solar DC Isolator Switch" ???? Bare minimum, would like to be able to shut off the DC current between panels and inverter

Last edited:
thanks for but not combining. The box I need will require 4 inputs (panel wiring to box) and 4 outputs (wiring from box to inverter)
Do you want to come in and out with conduit or do you want to use MC4 connector?

Back