diy solar

diy solar

Grid tied system

Msean

I see a lot of discussion for off grid systems but I need to design a grid tied system for a new house in the Caribbean. I want the system to build credit on my utility account when I am not there, 6 months of the year so that when I am there my usage nets to zero. Others have done this. Do I just eliminate the battery and charge controller? How do I just spin the meter backwards.

I see a lot of discussion for off grid systems but I need to design a grid tied system for a new house in the Caribbean. I want the system to build credit on my utility account when I am not there, 6 months of the year so that when I am there my usage nets to zero. Others have done this. Do I just eliminate the battery and charge controller? How do I just spin the meter backwards.
you need to figure out if you grid provide accepts power generated by you and what their conditions are.
unfortunatly back spining meters are a thing of the past for most of us

How do I just spin the meter backwards.

You need to call your power company and set up a net metering agreement, which will likely require specific inverters, inspections, etc. If you don't have the proper meter on your house to meter power in both directions, they'll come change it out for you.

Back