diy solar

diy solar

ground mount bifacial solar, preferred ground media?

i sniff nitro

Was just curious if anyone experimented with a different media ( white stone, white plastic or ect) under a ground mount array? Idk if that makes sense but lets just say you put down some kind of more reflective media under a bifacial ground mount array. Would this boost production, compared to dirt/ green vegetation?

YES! {The last couple days have been awesome!}
Even better is Galvanized steel roofing! - as long as the array is high enough above.
interesting, hadn't thought of metal roofing, even the backside of most metal roofing is white. might be able to source some damaged barn metal on the cheap

White plastic might be more effective than white stone, but I would rather have white stone for longevity.

Good white stone isn't cheap though, and the benefit may not be worth the cost.

Easy to spray cheap white paint on stone or corrugated. Even with a cheap garden sprayer and refresh once in a while.

I wonder whether galvalume or glossy white paint reflect the needed wavelengths better?

I wouldn't worry about it too much if you live in a place with snow, it will be white whether you want it to be or not!
During summer, we have so much extra solar it really doesn't matter what is behind the panels.

Back