diy solar

diy solar

Ground mount helical pile specifications

I’m really pulling my hair now! Listening to people here, it looks almost impossible to ground mount solar panels! ?
I used ground screws, if I do it again I'll pour a floating slab and cast anchor bolts into the slab to attach the frame to. Concrete is a pretty good reflector, I'd use bifacial panels.

I’m really pulling my hair now! Listening to people here, it looks almost impossible to ground mount solar panels! ?

I’m trying to avoid roof mount as my shingles are about halfway through their lifecycle.

Need to have an anti-gravitational mounts hovering above the spot!
The Osprey System is really attractive on numerous levels but vet the distributor for your region very well. I've been in business for over 30 years and I can honestly tell you it was the worst business experience I've ever had. The jackwagon cost me at least $10k with his lies and shady business practices.

Luckilly I am on glacial till. Dig a rocky hole with backhoe 6 feet deep. Frame up a big box, backfill and fill with concrete.

I have ground screws (small ones) for my fence and they're working there so far through a couple winters, but I've wondered about frost heave over time. Definitely wouldn't want them for something that needs to remain perfectly in place.

There are larger ground screws that very well may go below the frost line. I'm not sure.
My ground screws are 76mm x 2000mm.....and we don't have a frost line here in the Philippines. :)

Back