diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 12000T DVM Max utility charging output

tweekzilla

I started a discussion here regarding an odd discrepancy between my batrium shunt and charging on the growatt 12000T DVM: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/odd-inefficiencies-in-growatt-12000t-dvm-unit-vs-batrium.29954/

I thought I would ask here to as I'm now into the troubleshoot phase. It's clear that the Inverter can only seem to output a maximum of about 40A to charge the battery from the utility. Once I start ramping up the utility current (Setting 11) the unit draws more power but the shunt on batrium still only shows 40A. The unit is allegedly capable of pushing out 100A from the utility to charge. Interestingly when I hit 70A in the setting there was a click and all utility charging stopped but no Fault alarm.

Worried this is a faulty unit.... sigh... Any thoughts on if I'm just doing something dumb? Note I set the max charging current (setting 2 to 140A although I don't have any solar in there at the moment) and played around with the bulk charging voltage (but we are well inside the c.c. range). No comms between BMS and inverter (I wish!)

I belive that there is a measurement error. It seems difficult to believe that the Growatt would even be capable of dispersing 2.2kw as heat.

I belive that there is a measurement error. It seems difficult to believe that the Growatt would even be capable of dispersing 2.2kw as heat.
I know from my utility meter and what the growatt reports that it really is ramping up the power. I mean it could be the batrium shunt but it seems pretty accurate all the way up to the 40A number (and does report at least -80A when I'm running the AC)....And yeah - if it's dumping 1-2kW somewhere it's gonna get hot (but it did turn off at 70A so maybe it is.....)

If you have a voltmeter handy, it seems like it would be pretty simply to double check the shunt's readings.

Well Damn - Good idea @RobertGreen. I just measured the voltage across the shunt and plotted it. Looks like the Batrium shunt is crapping out at about 40A....Probably time to ping customer service unless anyone has seen this before and it just needs a calibrate?

1634344699087.png

Back