diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 12k random voltage drops and fault/warning code 61. Anyone else?

Hi everyone,

Quick update:

Been four days since new growatt 12k from watts24 was installed. And it’s been running flawlessly. No error codes. No shut offs. No more blinking reset clocks in the house :)

Old unit was sent back to Signature Solar for a refund.

I’ll update in few days.

Bruce, any luck fixing the 61 error?

Hello Danny, I'm glad your new 12K is working for you would be interesting to hear from signature solar what was going on with the other one, at this time I have not been able to get over to the 6000T with a Windows 7 machine I'll post back to this thread when I do with the results on error 61

Thanks. I’m also very interested how many of the boards were faulty. Supposedly there are about six inside. SS will only send replacement boards internationally. Domestic purchasers must return the unit. Per SS’s policy.
Will update status if I hear anything.

Deleted last message. Will update the refund situation in few days.

Last edited:
Hello my friend i try calibration And it no longer gives 61....but from time to time it turns off and lights up the red lights without giving a malfunction on the screen

Attachments

• IMG-20220721-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220721-WA0000.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 4
The battery voltage drops to 0 and comes back

Attachments

• IMG-20220722-WA0045.jpg
    IMG-20220722-WA0045.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20220722-WA0044.jpg
    IMG-20220722-WA0044.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 6
Update:
No changes since installing new G12K from watts24, it just runs flawlessly. Not a single voltage drop or code. Signature Solar shorted me initial shipping amount on the refund. That is after admitting the unit they have sent was faulty. I'm not upset about it as American Express has refunded me the shipping amount. This was my experience with SS.

Hey Danny,
Thanks for the update, glad you are at full power. ? Too bad you had to deal with faulty equipment. Took a lot of nerve to continue with Growatt after that

Hey Bruce,

I hope all is well on your end.

At first I was on the fence whether to go Growatt again or not. But glad I did I'm very happy with the system. And as stated in the post above, the system runs flawlessly now. But just for redundancy I also purchased a LVX6048, and the battery less option is great. So I'm keeping the LVX on stand by just in case.

Did you ever have a chance to calibrate the voltage on code 61?

No I haven't adjusted for error 61 yet, the win 7 laptop battery is shot and will require more work to drag over to the site. Also watching Aymanhammoud experience to decide if I want to attempt, or upgrade to another AIO. The 6000t is running with error 61 so not sure...

Are you monitoring your system with the WiFi stick? @AlexFromSignatureSolar when you get a minute can you look at this one. I think Tim might be onto something with a Short - no error code seems odd. Any rhyme or reason you can think of to when this is happening?
I purchased my growatt "SPF 12000T DVM" unit from factory. Would you happen to be able to share the software? I seem to be having the Error 61 like everyone else out of the box.

I purchased my growatt "SPF 12000T DVM" unit from factory. Would you happen to be able to share the software? I seem to be having the Error 61 like everyone else out of the box.
Link to software for calibrating for error 61 is in message number 66 of this thread from Danny

Back