diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 12Kw inverter throttling panels.

Pathfinder22

I keep having trouble with my Growatt 12Kw off grid inverter throttling my panel wattage. I have the inverter setup to supply the loads first but the MPPT’s keep wanting to throttle my incoming solar. I had this problem when I first installed the system but after many back and forth with SS and changing settings I somehow ironed out the problem I’m not sure how but I did.
The trouble. When my batteries (EG4 48v) reach 91% charge the mppt‘s will only allow 2750 watts from the panels, once the SOC reaches 96% they slow to 1340 watts know matter my load which is usually around 2,200 watts. The system was allowing full panel wattage (around 5,500 watts) until a SOC of 98% but I shut the system down for a week when on a trip. The settings have not changed and the systems functions well except the throttling of my panel output which in turn keeps me from being able to fully charge my batteries.

Anyone having the same issue or a fix?

I keep having trouble with my Growatt 12Kw off grid inverter throttling my panel wattage. I have the inverter setup to supply the loads first but the MPPT’s keep wanting to throttle my incoming solar. I had this problem when I first installed the system but after many back and forth with SS and changing settings I somehow ironed out the problem I’m not sure how but I did.
The trouble. When my batteries (EG4 48v) reach 91% charge the mppt‘s will only allow 2750 watts from the panels, once the SOC reaches 96% they slow to 1340 watts know matter my load which is usually around 2,200 watts. The system was allowing full panel wattage (around 5,500 watts) until a SOC of 98% but I shut the system down for a week when on a trip. The settings have not changed and the systems functions well except the throttling of my panel output which in turn keeps me from being able to fully charge my batteries.

Anyone having the same issue or a fix?
Do you mind posting your settings, I have a very similar setup.

The settings are a bit confusing as the total charge seems to be both for utility charging and pv charging, the restart could have implemented settings limiting pv output. Make sure the setting for the pv is set as well as total charge, also the battery float voltage. I noticed this on mine as well. Also, I found a lot of the strange things that the inverter does is that some of the software is not right and it needs to have updated software installed. I posted on the thread, Growatt 12k inverter no output, a link to the instructions and a tool plus they have links to the software updates for the various inverter models. I had similar issues when I shut mine down it would be weird when restarted, no problems now. the dog

I was just checking my notes. I had set charge limit too low on the total charge since I didn't want utility to charge more than 10amps. That also blocked the pv charge as well as the utility charge. I also changed the setting to allow power from batteries and solar at the same time.

Back