diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 24v 3000 Optimizing. Please Help.

Big Island Willy

Aloha, I live in Mountainview on the Big Island. I am currently running a growatt 24v 3000k with two 24v 100ah ampere batteries for a small24x24 studio house. I run a 3500 predator to charge the batteries with no problems. I only have three older dirty 185watt panels in series which even on a sunnier day doesnt seem to bring in much if im reading it correct. I charge the batteries to around 26.6 with the generator but with two ceiling fans, solar fridge, laptop and soon water pump, they seem to drain quickly. Everyday i have to run the genertor. Im on a budget and so my questions are:

Should I invest in another 1 or 2 batteries?
Or What solar panels should i be using for best results?
What should settings be for my type of setup?

Should i add on to what i already have. Start new? The growatt 24v3000k can handle 145 open voltage with 80amp charge controller. Being on the big island it can be epensive to have panels shipped here. I dont mind selling the panels i have to dial in my system. I see some used on fb marketplace an cl and there are a couple stores in Hilo that sell panels, but im never 100% sure ideally what i should be looking for. Please help with any advise. Im hopeing there are some experts on here to help me optimize my system.
Mahalo in advance for any help.

I charge the batteries to around 26.6 with the generator but with two ceiling fans, solar fridge, laptop and soon water pump, they seem to drain quickly.
26.6 volts is not high enough to fully charge your battery.
I would start by charging your battery to between 27.6-29.2 volts.
Suggest 28.4 volts.
Then see how much capacity it will provide.

Last edited:
Back