diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 24v 3kw for beginner

hate to butt in ,but i have the same growatt and i am a little confused about how many panels i can hook up to it, as far as i have learned from this thread i can hook up 8 x250 watts panels but the growatt says 145 volts max my 250 watt panels are open voltage of 30v does that mean i will be over the voltage ? of 240 volts
You can also run 3S3P if you can scrounge up one more panel. It will come out to ~100v and ~25a. You will be over paneled a bit, but as long as you don't exceed the voltage (which this wont), the Growatt will just clip at max panel output. I have been running this setup (LV2424 instead of Growatt) for months without any issues.

That’s what I’m seeing a lot of. I love seeing that so many people are interested but geeze. People think I’m being an ass but I like the “tough love” way of helping. Here’s some links and articles. You’ll find the answer to your question here.

God forbid the internet ever goes down. There’s going to be so many people absolutely lost. Critical thinking and problem solving has been replaced by Google.

God forbid the internet ever goes down. There’s going to be so many people absolutely lost. Critical thinking and problem solving has been replaced by Google.
You just figured this out about almost anyone under the age of 40?

Congrats

It's been down right frightening watching all these people graduating for years who have been manipulated in the way they think. Especially those coming out of college.

I can’t wrap my head around
People think I’m being an ass but I like the “tough love” way of helping
When people jump in something new they don’t know enough to know what they don’t know.

If people are obstinate when one tries to help maybe ‘tough love’ but overall “tough love” isn’t love at all- you already defined it above.

Not to be an ass but, as another person on a budget and trying to make a build, it absolutely kills me when I hear others buying gear first and then trying to figure out if and how to hook it up! You should 100% know BEFORE you start making purchases on your “budget” build if the damn components are even going to work together.
Well said, I felt the need to hurry up, When starting my solar project and bought quickly. Should have slowed down and studied.

Back