diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM constantly reboots with PV charging when in standby

I have this exact same issue, and want to update the firmware, but can't seem to find it... where'd you get those versions?

I think I applied all of them, one updates the “main” fw and the other one - mppt.

As an update - I’ve also got a bunch of tigo optimizers that will cut off all power if it’s less than what Growatt effective wants, and also added Victron MPPT for charging (so essentially most of the time I bypass Growatt mppt completely).

I am experiencing this too. When i turn the inverter off it "reboots" or "cycles" every minute or so. I have an Apple computer though. Where and how would i upgrade the firmware when that is the case?

I am experiencing this too. When i turn the inverter off it "reboots" or "cycles" every minute or so. I have an Apple computer though. Where and how would i upgrade the firmware when that is the case?
I’m running Mac too, you can get a Virtual Box and get a free Win8 image from Microsoft Edge dev portal, so I ran the firmware update in VBox on a Mac

I’m running Mac too, you can get a Virtual Box and get a free Win8 image from Microsoft Edge dev portal, so I ran the firmware update in VBox on a Mac

This was great advice and worked 100%. The only question i have now is that you mentioned that you flashed all the updates. But if my understanding is correct you really only need to flash the latest one to have all the updates Is that correct?

I applied this one from watts247 -> 21March2022-MPPT-TimeoutBugFix

Would anyone advise I do another?

Thanks a Million! This site has been a huge help!!!

This was great advice and worked 100%. The only question i have now is that you mentioned that you flashed all the updates. But if my understanding is correct you really only need to flash the latest one to have all the updates Is that correct?

I applied this one from watts247 -> 21March2022-MPPT-TimeoutBugFix

Would anyone advise I do another?

Thanks a Million! This site has been a huge help!!!
I did 2 latest one, they seem to be for different parts (one main brains and one mppt), I can’t tell you which one exactly fixed it, I did both one by one while it was connected:)

Hi, Yeah I guess I am asking which files did you use. I only see the one i listed above at watts247.com. If you go into the other "older" folder there are a few more but the timestamp on the files (or the title) don't look right. I am sure I am missing something.

1655990584106.png

1655987110578.png

Last edited:
Hi, Yeah I guess I am asking which files did you use. I only see the one i listed above at watts247.com. If you go into the other "older" folder there are a few more but the timestamp on the files (or the title) don't look right. I am sure I am missing something.

View attachment 99746

View attachment 99735

I believe those two, but your screenshot implies you might already be up to date.

I also have Tigo optimizers on my panels, so they don’t pass the voltage at all if it’s below a certain threshold. Possibly in my case whatever “ignore voltage below N” in Growatt is also covered by Tigo, but fw update certainly reduced the frequency of reboots (the voltage dip at which Growatt reboots that is).

I also have a Victron MPPT, that’s connected directly to the battery for the second set of panels if you want to skip Growatt weird mppt all together - that could be an option.

From chatting with Watts247 guy it sounded like there’s a certain voltage that activates the mppt and boots up the Growatt, but once it boots up, the load of the thing itself makes voltage dip below the threshold and it goes to sleep again until panels accumulate some charge to push voltage over threshold again.

As I said in my case - fw update helped, but it could be specific to the panels setup, how quick the sun gets onto panels etc.

A single optimizer on front of the panels could help too (ie it’ll show 0 output and not activate the mppt), but that too could be pretty setup specific.

It looks like I'm experiencing the same issue with a single panel connected. However, my firmware version is already the one
Main: 502-10-927
Secondary: 002-07-C21

It looks like I'm experiencing the same issue with a single panel (49.9V OC) connected. However, my firmware version is already the one you indicated as working.

It looks like I'm experiencing the same issue with a single panel connected. However, my firmware version is already the one

It looks like I'm experiencing the same issue with a single panel (49.9V OC) connected. However, my firmware version is already the one you indicated as working.
I went round and round trying to figure this out... In the end, Ian from Watts247.com confirmed what I was starting to expect. Not enough energy, If you get at least one more panel you'll have enough to stop this behavior. I did just that (added one more panel) and everything is running great now.

Best of luck,

Back