diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM off-grid

Nathaniel

Anyone running the Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM completely off grid 24/7 with only batteries and solar? How is it working out?

I’m glad you asked...I’m seriously looking into the Growatt but I’m hearing mixed messages. I like the idea of the all in one but some are saying if you have a problem with one component your screwed. I continue to research...good luck!

I’m glad you asked...I’m seriously looking into the Growatt but I’m hearing mixed messages. I like the idea of the all in one but some are saying if you have a problem with one component your screwed. I continue to research...good luck!
I decided to go with individual components.... but still ordered the Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM for testing off-grid. Will have it by first week in January

I decided to go with individual components.... but still ordered the Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM for testing off-grid. Will have it by first week in January
Interesting...I’d love to hear your feedback. What will be your set up for it? What’s your off-grid application? Thanks

I ordered one and should be here by the end of the week. I have a question about the AC or grid utility charger. It states that it is a 24V 60A charger. Are you able to select lower amperage output ( i.e. 60A, 40A and so on)? I read that the MPPT solar charge controller is highly configurable, and the output amperage can be changed. Anyone know about the AC charger? Thanks in advance!

Hey Repro, I’m not entirely sure about the programming capability. Did you order from Ian at Watt247? He has been very helpful for me and I haven’t even purchased yet.

Hey Repro, I’m not entirely sure about the programming capability. Did you order from Ian at Watt247? He has been very helpful for me and I haven’t even purchased yet.
Hey Repro, have you watched this video?
It speaks to input setting parameters for AC Charging etc.

I talked to Ian just now. He told me that the AC charger is also highly configurable, and the output can be dialed in to whatever is needed. My LiFePO4 batteries recommended charging is 40A. That can be configured. I am liking this Growatt and can't wait till it gets here. Thanks for the direction Niall.

Awesome...when you get set up I’d love to hear about it. Thanks

I have dual growatts. I currently have mine configured to only charge off solar. You have to have them connnected to battery for them to function.
It is capable of charging off grid, I only do so when an impeding weather threat suggests I may loose power. Then i manually configure them to charge the batteries incase the grid goes down.

Currently I only have enough battery for about half the "night" then the system fails over to grid bypass and I wait for the batts to get charged again the next day with sun. If that doesnt come (as its been extreamly cloudly midwest winter) then i just stay in bypass.

It will take a few weeks before it is up and running. The Growatt is scheduled for delivery this Friday. I am also expecting two more 200Ah batteries. I want to test the batteries before installation. I will have four 12V, 200Ah batteries in total. I hope this will hold for a while, and expansion is always possible with this set up.

I am interested in your dual setup Schmism. I may go that route next year. Are you happy with it? Which Growatt inverters do you have?

My only issue with this model so far is the no load / standby power consumption. Around 48W and the fans just never stop spinning. Outside of that its fine, ran it with 6 350W mono panels and 8 280ah cells 24V. Also tested it with 8 100ah cells, this gave my full size refrigerator 13hours run time.

To my surprise, my Growatt system arrived an hour ago. I have it unpackaged and climatizing. I ordered the WiFi module with it as well. I am so curious and feel like a kid on Christmas. I will be spending time configuring a test system. I have batteries arriving Friday and still have to test them for charging and capacity. I will do battery load testing on each battery alone, then with the Growatt. If they can hold stable at 185A, I will be happy.

I will post my experience with it here, along with some pictures. By the way, I am installing my system into a heavy duty 72" rolling steel cabinet with stainless steel doors. See pictures below. There will be four 200Ah LiFePO4 batteries, Growatt, breakers, cut-off switch, thermal controlled fans and all hook ups will be mounted on the side and back walls for solar (MC4), AC input and AC outlets. I am sure the plans will change a little here and there, but this is my idea. It should be fun.

Attachments

• 20143.jpg
    20143.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 15
  • uhd20143b_tall_cabinet_satin_graphite_beauty_1.jpg
    uhd20143b_tall_cabinet_satin_graphite_beauty_1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 15
  • uhd20143b_tall_cabinet_satin_graphite_lifestyle_2.jpg
    uhd20143b_tall_cabinet_satin_graphite_lifestyle_2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 15
My only issue with this model so far is the no load / standby power consumption. Around 48W and the fans just never stop spinning. Outside of that its fine, ran it with 6 350W mono panels and 8 280ah cells 24V. Also tested it with 8 100ah cells, this gave my full size refrigerator 13hours run time.
Are the fans loud? I’ve heard different opinions about them, some say they are others seems to not even reference them. Very strange.

To my surprise, my Growatt system arrived an hour ago. I have it unpackaged and climatizing. I ordered the WiFi module with it as well. I am so curious and feel like a kid on Christmas. I will be spending time configuring a test system. I have batteries arriving Friday and still have to test them for charging and capacity. I will do battery load testing on each battery alone, then with the Growatt. If they can hold stable at 185A, I will be happy.

I will post my experience with it here, along with some pictures. By the way, I am installing my system into a heavy duty 72" rolling steel cabinet with stainless steel doors. See pictures below. There will be four 200Ah LiFePO4 batteries, Growatt, breakers, cut-off switch, thermal controlled fans and all hook ups will be mounted on the side and back walls for solar (MC4), AC input and AC outlets. I am sure the plans will change a little here and there, but this is my idea. It should be fun.
Looking forward to seeing your progress. What brand batteries are you using? I’m struggling to figure out whether I’m gonna try and build my own lithium’s or pay a fortune and get prebuilts.

I have four Lion Energy UT-1300's for my 12v system. One of the four batteries is starting to fail and needs replaced. They were expensive. I am building a 24V system and went on the cheap with success so far. Two Ampere Time Plus 200Ah and two CHINS 200Ah. Both have 200A BMS's. I am still testing. See this thread:

I am expecting a delivery of the CHINS batteries Friday, and will be posting a new thread for them. I will do an unpackaging, charge and capacity test. I will then do a load test on each of the four batteries, then in series and parallel. I hope it will help someone.

Back